Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New German Models

I subscribe to the German fire magazine FEUERWEHR and every year they do an article on the new fire models that will be coming out. Wouldn't it be nice if one of the U.S. fire magazines did the same thing. Although I am limited in reading German, here is a list as far as I can translate of what is coming.

Conrad will release a 1:50 model of a four axel Liebherr fire crane.

Cursor/Schuco will release 1:43 models of the Super Dragon ARFF unit in all red, one version for Germany and one version for Italy.

Eligor will do a 1:43 model of a Iveco Magirus ALP 375 which is a Bronto type aerial.

Forces of Valor/Unimax will do 1:72 models of an ALF
pumper, ALF Telesqurt, Pierce Quantum pumper and A KME Predator pumper under the Schuco name.

Minichamps will do 1:43 models of a vintage Mercedes pumper and ladder for Berlin and a Unimog/Bachert pumper.

Revell Germany will release a 1:24 plastic kit of a Mercedes Actros/Schlingmann HLF 20/16 pumper.

Schuco will also release 1:87 models of a Unimog pumper, a vintage Borgward pumper and a vintage Borgward ladder.

Marklin will produce an HO Bahnfeuerwehr (railway fire department) train with three cars, one being a big heavy-duty crane.

Wiking will do another 1:87 Rosenbauer pumper.

That is the best I could do with the article, but the bottom line is there will be some great new models coming from Germany.

Re: New German Models

Some of the Schuco and Minichamps are listed here:

http://toybox100.bizland.com/fire.htm#SCHUCO

mjl

Too bad those "Forces of Valor"/Schuco models are 1/72nd, and not 1/87th. We could use each of the listed pieces in HO scale...none have been done before
(assuming the ALF listed is contemporary).

The Revell kit is a Mercedes ATEGO, not an ACTROS.
The Schuco Borgward pumper and ladder are 1/43 modells, not HO-scale.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)