Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Amazing nice model!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

x

Re: Completed Dodge W500 Crash Rescue

WHOA!

Beautiful job!

This is one very detailed model and certainly prize winning quality. Have you done any other crash fire apparatus - civilian or military? I would be interested in seeing a model of the USAF 0-11A or O-6 crash trucks or maybe the Walters/Maxim civilian crash trucks.

To Doug and Paul

A Walters/Maxim is something I actually contemplated doing. I'd be real interested in any info on those trucks. Actually an old Navy MB-10 would be cool, too. To all who responded with the kind comments, thanks!

Charlie, what's the background on this rig? How did you come about constructing the chassis and the body?

This wud make a great article for the Toy Trucker or some other similar publication!.

Reply about constructing crash rig

I didn't have a crash rig in my model collection, at least one I had built myself. I had been toying with the idea for quite a while but had not settled on one idea. Paul Koert was kind enough to send me some pics of various municipal rigs and I just picked it up from there taking certain features that I liked from each one. The body idea was so that I could show the various pieces of equipment and appliances mounted on the outside. A compartmentalized body would have them hidden inside. This way the truck looks "busy" and ready to go.

Great looking model. A cut above franklin mint quality. Wish I could do something like that but with my disability it would be impossible.

TOY TRUCKER? Did someone mention my name?

Do I smell a F-E-A-T-U-R-E story coming on?

Wow! This is COVER material...NOT inside!

What a JOB! Hey Charlie...where does the foam drip from?

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

I like it a lot.

Very fine job.

Patrick.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)