Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question for Larry Phillips

You asked where does the foam drip from on my Dodge crash rig? Before it leaves the factory it will have to pass the Underwriters test so we'll find out then! In the meantime it could drip from the turret, the ground sweeps or the hand lines, I guess!

Re: Question for Larry Phillips

Charlie, you are an absolute MASTER at what you do...

Robyn and I may be coming to Baltimore this year if I'm strong enough after my surgery on June 4th...

If so, we'll see you there...

In the meantime, what other projects have you got up your sleeve at present? Maybe a HINT at what's coming next?

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

Re: Question for Larry Phillips

Charlie.....Due to the age of your rig, I presume it will be carrying protein foam...What are you going to do about the smell?
But seriously......There appears to be a small chain hanging from the ladder lock bracket, butt end, on the right side??

Reply to Paul and Larry

I'll be looking for you, Larry! We met a few years ago if you remember. Greg Smith introduced us. As far as future projects are concerned I'll be starting on a long term project that will involve a lot of brass work to build a 1954 Maxim 750 pumper. The nice part about this rig is that it was a half canopy cab with a walk-in body from the rear. The entire crew could sit protected from the elements. And it is still around so a lot of pics and measurements will be forthcoming!
Paul: You are right there is a small chain hanging from the lower rear of the ladder. It is attached to a pin that extends through the ladders to the bracket next to the body. It is a retainer pin that keeps the ladders in place. The chain is attached to the ladder bracket and the pin so that the pin won't be lost. It's actually a Maxim feature.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)