Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The SUPER BOARD!!!!

Boy,they have gotten REAL Chicken**** over there.Must be on the rag.....
If you aren't the Great Kitbasher #1 or #2 OR a Staunch Supporter of Code 3(No Negative comments,JUST GOOD) OR a "PRAISE to The ALMIGHTY Follower" you can't post hardly anything on there without Hurting Somebody's Feelings who are just wasting Oxygen.
There are quie a few GOOD people on there,BUT there are also a lot of STUPID Morons who are just Fricking Space Cadets!!!
And everybody says the Code 3 boards are Dead and Gone....Nope,Alive and well @ that other place...

Re: The SUPER BOARD!!!!

Well, there you go...

mjl

Uhmmm......okay.

It was bound to happen. If you move the crowd the behavior follows. I always liked Larry and Glenn but I would not want their problems with managing the Code 3 board guys. I do wish them well. I think with some strong policing you can weed out the problem children.

Jeff

HH, what was your positive contribution there? Seems like you arent very positive here. Real stand up, to come to one board and bad mouth another. How proud you must feel.

After a number of episodes, I also withdrew from fireengines.net early last Fall. Those loyal to the "Other" company board, found a new home, and changed the spirit of that venue significantly. It was my choice to move on, and I'm happy I did. I do thank Larry, Glenn, and Rich for their efforts.

Mike G.,
Actually I am!! It appears YOU are one of The Kool-Aid Kids!
When I poste the TRUTH,it got deleted because you and the rest of the KAKs whined because your widdle feelings got hurt by the TRUTH.
I said the same thing there as I did here.
So go on back over there,Put your Knee-Pads on and continue Drinking YOUR Kool-Aid!!

I'm tired and I'll stay out of this one.......

"Ohhhhh Danny Boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling you......"

So, you are a stand up guy?

Instead of hiding behind an anonymous name with no email address why don't you be a "stand up" guy and let everyone know who you really are by using your real name and email address?

Keep in mind, the original POSTER can remove their posted topic anytime they want. There are thousands of posts on www.fireengines.net forums with comments good and bad.

Yes, I would have removed a post calling people who read the forums "STUPID Morons who are just Fricking Space Cadets".

Again, I would encorge you to be the "stand up" guy you say you are.

Why is the Bullsh** being imported to this board in the first place?

Outside of TOY EMERGENCY VEHICLES, the two boards have almost nothing in common. The demographics are completely different. Most ATEV'ers us are probably forty-something.....and up.

Rant and rave to your hearts' content, just do it where the problem is.

Steve, I concur that the Fundamentalist Code 3 nonsense should stay over on fireengines.net or where ever that group found a new home. I regularly post to another Emergency Board not usually mentioned (or known) to most persons here, plus one of the lesser known model truck boards. Now I'm thinking of just viewing ATEV occasionally, as the post-C3ers and their chatter are a pain.

You sound like a computer tought guy. I don't know what your grudge is with that site, nor do I care. But to come onto any site just to bash another site is just as childish as you say the fireengines site has turned into. Now who's the moron.

I've been a member of ATEV since 1998, when it was run by the "Tow Truck Guy", even before Jeff Hawkins stewartship. I attended the first ATEV tour to Washington DC during April 2000 (see photo of Suburban). I was on the Code 3 Board at the beginning (before the Special Ed Schoolers found it). I also was on Fireengines.net from about the beginning. Let me tell you all. In the "Good Old Days" we had fun, joked and annoyed each other as friends, were excited about collecting, and weren't the bunch of "A-Holes" we see participating on the boards today. If anyone has been here long enough to comment on the changes that have taken place, I believe I qualify. My two cents.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Well, I can't quite match your tenure Chuck. I've only been "official" since early 2001, although I lurked long before that .

Maybe I'm just getting crotchety, but it seems as though the "knuckleheads" as another long-time collector described them, are everywhere.

Yes Steve they are everwhere. And we can't escape them

Gene A., It is You who is the moron Now & Forever.
It ain't hard to figure out who I am.I'm the one who speaks THE TRUTH WITHOUT Sugar Coating that people can't handle.
Why beat around the bush? Say what ya feel!!
If YA CAN'T Read,Spell or make a Frickin' Sentence,Go back to School and learn.
It would really be GOOD if primed became PRESIDENT...
Speaking of primed,anybody heard from that Dinosaur?

Mr.Owner,
Comment on the ORIGINAL comment, NOT what YOU THINK it said.
THAT RIGHT THERE is what I'm talking about.NOTHING was said about "who read the forums ".
And from YOU,"Keep in mind, the original POSTER can remove their posted topic anytime they want"
Tho ORIGINAL Poster didn't remove the replies.Keep in mind the original POSTER can't selectively remove replies,Now can he/she/them/whatever/whomever???
'K,Pumpkin?

I have been around nearly as long as the two esteemed gentleman that placed the two posts above this one and can verify their words...I am sick to death of know alls and wannabees that turn up with so called expertise that after some meagre scrutiny can't back up their words...it seems that just about every board is being overtaken by these types, to the detriment of those very same boards and more importantly to the displeasure of a great amount of very fine people that habituate these very interesting and enjoyable boards.

Three esteemed gentlemen....Chuck, Steve and Nockers.....the other two posts from the curmudgeon snuck in there while I went out for a sec...

...you both get dirty and the pig enjoys it.

mjl

GC ya snoze ya lose

Off to take some frie photos today

Thats snooze, quick fingers for an old guy

..The Almighty must have received a hint or two.
Ya done good! How will I Survive?

Ya fingers are fine ol' geezer, hope you get some great pics.

HH....is that laughter I am seeing there, beats being all wound up over nothing. i'm glad Nockers could brighten up your day..

Yes Sir,it is laughter. Nockers is ALWAYS a Bright Ray of Sunshine!!

Be nice now !

In Matchbox terms, it's a "code 3" Code 3 produced by Jeff Webster.

As a another 40 year old old timer on this board, (Yes I go back to the tow truck guy days.) I've watch the behavior come and go.

As for the Suburban above, I think the total was 9,there were definitely less than 12 made. I made one each for the guys who attended and one went to the kid in NJ, which for some reason I cannot remember his name. There was also probably one of the first custom Code 3's as well that went to John Antonelli for his effort in hosting everyone.

IIRC the original attendees were
Ron Arnow
Chuck Grasscop
Ronbo Oullette
John Antonelli
Matt Lannon
Jeff Hawkins
Scottie Strandberg?
Me
and I really think there was someone else along too but for the life of me I cant remember who.

Oh yeah and in typical fire buff fashion we drug our spouses around the city in search of fire trucks.

Jeff

Denis Flynn and Jessica were the other attendees. I've still got the photos of Chuck and Jeff piloting the Amphibious Duck, that we took a ride on, down the Potomac River.

I guess I have been too quiet lately. I have been forgotten. Nancy and I were at the DC event. I have a duck call, a Days Inn mug and a suburban to prove it.
John Truluck

John,

It was you who I was trying to remember. I completely forgot about Denis. I think he is a Mountie now.

We still have the duck call and my 5 year old drives us nuts with it. How many will be at Expo this year? I've missed the last 2 due to work.

Jeff

ATEV 2000

Jeff, the Suburban is still one of my prized diecast momentos (Thanks). Dennis was a subordinant in my Department, then transfered to US Customs in the state of Washington (lost track of him five years ago). I can remember everyone getting stuck in the elevator at Lime Guy's appartment, and calling Arlington Fire/Rescue to "save them". Plus the DUKW ride, fire station tour, the chili supper, and Matt's hospitality allowing the group to reside at his hotel in Gettyburg. Plus Ron and myself getting totally lost driving back to Antonelli's house in Arlington.

OK, Chuck, right war, wrong battle(s). The hotel was in Manassas VA!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)