Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Find any Corgis at Tuesday Morning?

Last Sunday I asked at a store some distance from my house if they were going to get them on Tuesday and they said "Yes." My wife checked the Tuesday AM store near us on Wednesday and the woman working there had never heard of Corgi. Between work and Little League, haven't had a chance to get back to the first store, but apparently all of them didn't get them. Anyone found any; if so, what do they have? (By the way, I picked up Chicago Squad 2 for $22.88 at KB Toys Outlet. They also had a Chicago Snorkel, the Jim Beam Kenworth and the baseball engines, but that's probably old news.)

Slim Pickens Here in SW Florida

I wish the KB Outlet in Miramar had stayed open, but that store closed last summer. It was unlike other outlets I have visited, as it was just boxes of junk. They did have a load of Corgi, but the boxes were just white with numbers in a cabinet, and they would not let you open the boxes to see inside (and no printed list as to the model). It had to be the worst run store I had ever encountered.

As that there is only one hobbly store here in Fort Myers, with another 30 miles north in Port Charlotte (both primarily RC Cars & Planes), and nothing else within 130 miles, variety sucks.

The only Corgi I ever saw in a Tuesday was the MOY Texaco Towtruck. There is nothing for the modeler in SW Gulf Coast Florida. And these store owners wonder why the Internet has put them out of business.

Re: Find any Corgis at Tuesday Morning?

The only Corgis that have been found at TM (by myself or others on the fireengines board) have been the WWII Legends military series.

Nothing new this time around, but a couple of months ago I did find a few Morristown Ahrens-Foxes at HomeGoods. They were priced at $39.99 but quickly marked down to $29.99. Unfortunately by the time they had gotten marked down the packages had all been opened up and parts were missing/broken. They looked like the bottom opened up and the whole thing fell upside down to the floor. So much for the great new packaging...

I stopped in @ TM on Tues PM (Is that against the law?). The only Corgis they had were the WWII military fighters series @ $10 ea. Picked up a couple for my grandsons for their b-days later this year. Talked with a couple of friends who visited other TM stores, nothing but the same military aircraft. Better luck next time!

Same thing in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, just Corgi WWII tanks and planes.

Brand New Tuesday Morning store just opened up in Bismarck, ND...

Talked with the manager there and she said that even though the Corgi's were advertised in the sales circular that was (BOTH) mailed out AND inserted in the local paper in preparation for the Grand Opening, NONE were sent to her store...even though they were going through their Grand Opening...

Did get a nice small lamp table for our family room, though...

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)