Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
May Releases

May releases
I'll pass, none for me !
Can you say REPAINTS REPAINTS
FDNY E-59 Seagrave
more FDNY (I guess they are going to make every friggin #)
& Pasttime release Chicago Police E-350
(nothing to do with a FIRE DEPT)
I'm given up on Code 3
I guess they don't want my money
I'm saving alot of money the last couple of
years, I used to spend hundreds & hundreds of dollars on Code 3.

Re: May Releases

Sounds like C-3 is continuing to make me happy I dropped them. It's been nearly 2 years since they made a piece I would have purchased in any way, & they botched that one..... I can honestly say I don't miss them at all.

Granted the PTH exclusive is limited to 756 pieces, but I could NEVER bring myself to pay $50 plus shipping for a repainted ambo.

For onceI will have to agree with John A. I thought about the Chicao piece but $50 convinced me to pass. Looks half way decent tho. Almost had me hooked.

When you consider back in the day when PTH released--what I think is one of the nicest ambo variations--the CFD Special Ops Unit--that was only $29.99 or $34.99 at most when released. Goes to show you how much production/labor costs must have jumped.

For $29.99 it would have been a must buy, but I can't justify $50

I'll Pass, none for me,
Just think, I get all excited of what the release is going to be, and once again, What a Let Down !

Yea, I'll take a Pass on Both! Very pricey.

When was the last time Code 3 made a new mold ?

in my opinion if they are going to make any fdny engines they should make engine 23 the one that has a lot of diamond plate on it

I really don't think Code 3 is going to bother with new molds. Why should they? Those FDNY repaints keep selling out.

It has been said before and high production costs are part of it. New molds cost many thousands of dollars even in chinese money. With production runs of 1500-2000, how amny "repaints" are going to have to be made to just break even. Face it, nobody complained of repaints back in the late 90's and how many FDNY repaints along with Mesa, L.A., Louisville, etal were there. Repaints are a fact of life..Of coourse Code 3 could double the price but then nobody would buy them. Atleast now the low production runs are selling out whether you as an individual like the piece or not. Like the movie said,"It you build it, they will come."

Maybe CODE 3 Collectibles should change their name to FDNY Collectibles
What ever happen too ?????
LA City ALF Eagle tiiler
900 Series tiller
San Fran new anniversity pumper
LA City USAR's
LA City Pierce Arrows
Spartans from Chicago, Dallas, Ft. Worth etc....
KME from Los Angles county etc...
Bronto lifts

Orlando was the Man !

I just don't get why those brain dead idiots at Code 3 can't do a repaint of FDNY E23...if they are going to keep doing these, then do one that is worth doing and do it well. I think I might get a 59 and do 23 myself.

There is a distinct lack of vision in that organisation at present, almost seems as if they are in safety mode.

It's the American way. Cash in quick, then kill the Golden Goose.

The direction, or lack thereof that Code 3 has been headed in is laughable at this point. I'd say I give up, but I gave up quite some time ago. Seems they have Boley syndrome, no cash for new toolings, so they saturate us in repaints. Only difference is, that Boley is a toy company and the fire stuff makes up a tiny percentage of their product line. Where as with C3, this stuff is what keeps them in business...although I don't think for too much longer.

And the scary part is, there are people who are excited to have yet another FDNY Seagrave...same truck different number.

Thank you Code 3
I won't be buying either release.
thanks for saving me money.

Code 3's name should be changed to
Brain Dead Collectibles !

Let's spend money on new tooling just
to make the Xmas 06 rig (that's one model that has been discontinued by Pierce Mfg. like over 15 years ago !
let's make more FDNY after
FDNY Super pumper was a Bust,big time !
better yet, they had to give away
FDNY's Mets Engine/Ladder & the Yankees
Engine/Ladder
** If you have to make FDNY release's
Did you ever see their New Rescue 1 or their
Ferrara pumpers or Haz Mats
Also i'm starting to believe the rumors that are on
other boards that Code 3 is just trying to stretch O6 line into 07.and their Future is ?????

40 bucks for more diecast airplanes

Nice going C3,your pushing alot of collectors
away with crap or horrible relases like that, why even have a monthly release on the 1st friday of each month. SAVE ME THE DISAPPOINTMENT!

I think C3 is on Life Support
I wonder how much longer before they pull the plug.

I choose not to purchase. However, I am amazed at the reaction and apparent anger at the releases. I guess there's a collective disappointment in unfulfilled wishes, and people reacting to what they want or hope would someday be offered (but still hasn't or may never happen).

mjl

None for me, I'll pass
Where's Gilbert AZ's release ?

It certainly looks like the fresh idea department at Code 3 has left the building !!!! The quality has gone up, but so have the re-paints. Must be called the price of success.

Well if they repaint the Quantum
they can do Gilbert E254 or E257,
but soon them engines will become reserve/spares
Gilbert has just a signed contract with Pierce to build like 20 new trucks over the next 4 years
something like 10 engines, 2 towers, 2 ladder tenders,
2 tankers, a technical rescue, a heavy rescue,
a Haz Mat truck & a utility/air truck

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)