Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Ray LAPD Chopper (The new one)

I have seen that Jeff @ Police Car Models has this item listed. Just a quick question, what is the quality of this model like?. From the photo's it appears OK.
On another note, Jeff must be impressed (NOT) that New Ray have released this model. I remember reading about the troubles Jeff went through when he tried to get permission from the City of Angels to do one using the White Rose Bell helicopter. Real shame if the New Ray model is low on quality.

Re: New Ray LAPD Chopper (The new one)

I like the model overall. New Ray makes a good quality helicopter, one of the main differences with the White Rose / Fleer model I wanted to make is limited production, my model would have been 1,000 pieces - I am guessing there are at least 3-5,000 or more of the New Ray models. The New Ray model is licensed by the City Attorney, who was the reason my model was never produced. Still, nice to have an LAPD helicopter, whatever maker it is from - hopefully they will do the LAPD's newer silver and blue colors too. I know New Ray has many more helos on the way...

Re: New Ray LAPD Chopper (The new one)

Here is a LARGE picture of the newer LAPD markings on the Bell Jet Ranger. New Ray, how about this one too!!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)