Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
List of missing FDNY # available?

Does anybody keep track of the not by Code3 produced FDNY #?, Then we know what we can expect in the coming years

Re: List of missing FDNY # available?

I'm not against FDNY releases
But I can't stand anymore Seagrave repaints !
ENOUGH ALREADY !
Hell I want C3 to make
FDNY new Rescue 1 Pierce heavy rescue
FDNY Ferrara high pressure engines

You may get your wish sooner than you think at least to see them...I've got kitbashers taking these two pieces into consideration as we speak...

But wouldn't it be great if we could ALL get them and at a decent price, right from Code 3 themselves?

Believe me, I've had more than a few inquiries on these two pieces, and a lot more requests for other 1/64th scale FDNY rolling stock lately...

Watch my column for some absolutely fantastic FDNY kitbashes in the future...but, as I said...I'd sure like to have them in my own collection, and right from Code 3 themselves!

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

Bugger those two, why doesn't someone make the late 40's and early 50's Macks and Ward La Frances in 1/64.

I'm with you there, Brother...

How about we just take Jack Calderone's book, WHEELS OF THE BRAVEST and produce 1/64th scale rigs from each chapter in a yearly series to form one fantastic collector's set of FDNY rigs?

Any takers for something like this? Of course...buy just what you want to buy, with no obligation to purchase the complete set...

Remember...it almost happened with John DeHanes' company, long before the world even heard of Code 3. Even though very expensive and crude, the DeHanes FDNY models did (and still do) make a nice set when displayed together!

Neat dream, don't you think?

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

Sheeesh Larry, you keep talking like that and in all probability you may get a marriage proposal from someone on this board (for gods sake don't go talking like that on another board that others frequent, or your surname may end up different).

I'll take a set...thanks for the image in my head...

Seriously though, I cannot understand why these units have not been done. They(as you say) would form a fantastic set. Imagine them in 1/64 with high detail and done by Code 3 and sitting next to the other sets they have done from FDNY. They could then also transpose some across to Chicago scheme.

Go Larry! Go Larry!

You could count me in. Here are a couple that could Code 3 could easily be do:
TCU off the NYPD ESV
Mobile Command using the LDV, do crucify me because of the nose. It is close enough for me
Mack MR tandem rescues or HazMat

I would also like to see the ALF 700/800 tillers, Wards, Foxes.

Jeff

You know, guys...

There are enough photographs, blue-line drawings, and even some of the original-type rigs out there that requests such as these should be an absolutely no-brainer for anyone...

And what are they again? The are REQUESTS, not "...let's do them and see if they will sell...".

Keep buying those lottery tickets out there...there's gotta be some way we can get the models we long for either from the companies that now exist, OR...and here's the l-o-n-g shot, have someone else (like the lottery winner) start up ANOTHER company...

After all, the world did exist before you-know-who came along...

And look what a 'regular' guy like Jeff Silver has done with Del Prado...all because he wouldn't take 'NO' for an answer...GO JEFF!

Keep watching my column for some of the greatest kitbashes of all time by two of the absolute best in the business...Mike Adams in Salt Lake City and Mike Gilbert in Connecticut...

Off the soap box now for a while, but you're right...it sure is fun to dream and it doesn't cost anything...yet!

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)