Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sound Beach '31 Seagrave

When the NMMM Sound Beach '31 Seagrave model was first discussed here, someone said it would be 1/32nd. In the latest FAJ, Tim McCue says its 1/50th. Anyone know which is correct? Is delivery still slated for May?

Re: Sound Beach '31 Seagrave

I asked Sound Beach VFD for availadility, they asked me they wil send me a mail when the model will be ready.

It would be for late may or June.

The scale is around 1:32, 1:34 scale, Signature worked for a fit in the box model like all the other ones in the series; I would prfer it will be 1:50 scale.. I got all these news from the former director of NMMM who has in charge the develpment of the fire models. It was the latest one he worked on. He told me there will not be a lot more fire engine from NMMM.

Patrick.

From what I understand, the NMMM Fire Program (continuing with another series of 12) is over...

They may be doing one or two here and there, but the Program as we know it is gone.

The person that headed up the Program left late last year...

That's all I have for now; I'm trying to get something from them IN WRITING for my column...

The latest news I had was that the '31 Seagrave will be the same scale as the twelve in the previous subscription program and I think that was about 1/50th, if I'm not mistaken...

Again, I'm trying to get more information and will release it when I get to the proper people at NMMM as well as NMMM's permission to release it...

I'm sure I speak for many of us in that we hate to see NMMM's Program go to its grave so early in its life. It really gave us some great variety for our collections as well as representing other and older Fire Apparatus manufacturers we've been asking other die-cast companies to produce for quite some time now...

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

That is bad news for our hobby that NMMM will not do that many fire trucks. With theCorgi cancellations of fire trucks and the limited Code 3 releases, the only thing to look forward to it seems is the Yat Ming's.

I think we had chance that the man who previously has in charge the fire models at NMMM was a friend collector and he started working on a series of models he knew all the collectors are waitting for.
I know he also worked on searching pics and details with you on Peter Pirsh for Corgi.
But now he left NMMM and a lot of people also left Corgi; so I don't think we will have a lot more new models this year; Hope we will have the Memphis FD pumper but perhaps will it be the last Corgi fire model for a long time...
We has in a year a lot of very interesting ones.

For the Sound Beach He told me he worked on a 1:32/1:34 scale but perhaps they has scale down to 1:48/1:50 due to increase of metal???

But now since he left NMMM it's hard to have correct news from them.

I will ask him if he know someting about the scale.

Patrick

For now, I'll keeps my fingers crossed for 1/50th. It would look sooooo good beside the Seagrave Sweetheart and Reo models.

I, for one, would rather see individual pieces rather than "sets." While I normally like Signature's pieces, I was very disappointed in the Mack C. First that they changed the scale from 1/32 to supposed 1/50, & then to find out it's closer to 1/48 & looks bad next to 1/50 pieces. If the Seagrave is in 1/50, I hope it's actually 1/50. Few things tick me off more than false advertising.

It will be in 1:32 /1:34 scale like all the other models from Signature exept the Mack C
that was too large to realise for that price and the box where it had to go into.

Patrick.

Re: Re: Sound Beach '31 Seagrave

Larry is correct, my source confirms there are no plans to continue the NMMM Fire Program.

NMMM is working on some new molds, a source whom is on at least 3 possible exclusives with them. The first being a Mack C/Gertsenslaugher rescue, the type where the cab was connected to the body. Second is a Mack C/ Margruis ariel, the proto is the 2 which saw servis with the FDNY. Thirdly a Mack C with the early tower ladder ( pre-baker ), again as FDNY. Right now all 3 are in planning and recon stage. If released, probably would be in that order. No scedule at this time other than both parties are serious. Greg

Woot Woot! That's very good news indeed. A Mack C tower ladder has been on my wish list for years now. I'm still hoping also that one day some company makes a Hi-Ranger snorkel.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)