Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Canadian Releases ?

Has anyone heard if Code 3 will ever do new Canadian trucks in the near future ? All we ever got were the two Windsor engines and several crash trucks, (the Mississauga ladder truck doesn't count).

Re: Canadian Releases ?

If the Mississauga Ladder Truck doesn't count, neither should the Windsor Seagraves, which were not accurate depictions bodywise either. (There was also a ficticious Mississauga Ferrera pumper). Don't forget the special issue Wasaga Beach Seagrave, which also bears no resemblance to anything the department owns.

There have been rumours from time to time about C3 doing some Smeal models (and obtaining Spartan rights).

I'd love to see a Canadian rig or two, but I wouldn't hold my breath. It seems they are not putting out very many new American moulds, let alone anything to pacify us Canuks.

Do any of the departments up there have the letters FDNY??? That is the only way we'll see something from there

Fire Department of North York ???????

A couple of years ago, Code 3 had tried to persuade Toronto Fire to allow them to model some of their apparatus. The problem lies with city council who refuse to licence the use of city monograms. Until that changes, no go for any Toronto trucks.

Code 3 messed up their chance with the Mississauga trucks. They should have based the models on the ALF Eagle chassis. Mississauga has several ALF pumpers and a ladder that would have been easily replicated.

North York Canada web site -
http://www.northyorkfire.org/

Quote.."Code 3 messed up their chance with the Mississauga trucks. They should have based the models on the ALF Eagle chassis. Mississauga has several ALF pumpers and a ladder that would have been easily replicated"

When code 3 did these trucks, I dont believe they were doing the ALF, in 2001 when the Mississauga pumper came out, the newest code 3 was the Ferrarra.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)