Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Code 3 'Blowout Sale'

Just got home and wanted to order at least five of the 'Membership' E-One Ladders for kitbashing, as I'm about to get REALLY 'brave' with the new Dremel Tool that Robyn bought for me to use during my down time after surgery...

They are already gone, as are the remaining Chicago Fireboats! That was quick!

Well, I guess you can always kitbash the Super Pumper System...those are still available....

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

Re: Code 3 'Blowout Sale'

Shamefully, the ladder was the cincinatti ladder, and not the membership ladder, as I wanted the member ladder, as they stopped that a few weeks before I needed to renew my membership, so I lost out on owning one, and the never replied to my email concerning buying one.
Come to think of it, they have never answered ANY of my emails so far this year.

Hi Pete (UK)

Thanks for the correction ...as it was just the cab (front end) that I wanted.

I just wanted to see if I could mate it up with a Seagrave back end and make the only E-One Pumper FDNY ran with. As you know, it was a demo, on loan, just to see how FDNY liked it.

I've got numerous color photos of it in service with a few different Engine Co's (as they played 'pass-around' with it) and thought it might make a good model for my collection. It would also have been my first 'real' attempt at an actual kitbash, so now it's off to eBay to find one or two.

Just didn't call in soon enough, I guess...

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

I guess the pros can restripe a few of those SPS sets for a present-day fantasy XXXX. Other than that, I don't see much kitbash use for them from a "collectable" point of view, but I'm sure Chuck will zing us with something he concocts from them.

Same thing with the membership ladder. XXXX didn't run any (not that it ever stopped some people), so the kitbash potential is limited. Plenty of other jurisdictions ran those E-Ones though, so maybe someone will seize the initiative and make something "other than."

Thank goodness we still have amateurs in the kitbash hobby!

I asked Mike to get me a SP Set (can't pass up that deal). I'm only using the Mack F cabs, and the trailers for kitbashing. I plan on a dual steer/tri or quad drive Mack F crane hauler, and something more conventional on a DCP frame for the other cab. Repainted green & white. I think the pump trailer can be converted to a mobile command. Maybe a FEMA/Industrial Pump Truck (to help save New Orleans this hurricane season).

The sale should be a lesson to all "Other" buyers. Never pay retail, as it will probably go on sale in a year or two at 1/5th price.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)