Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Off Topic-Where can i find a fire factory and rescue 3 tee shirt with a picture of the rig

Hello

Do any of you guys know where i can find a tee shirt for the FDNY fire factory and one for FDNY rescue 3? i checked The NY Fire Store and Eagle Emblems and they have neither. If any of you guys would know i would sure appreciate the help.

take Care
John

Re: Off Topic-Where can i find a fire factory and rescue 3 tee shirt with a picture of the rig

Try CLEMCO in New Jersey...

They still make up T-shirts for various FDNY Engine, Truck, and Rescue Companies...

These are grey in color, company emblem in the left breast, and a full color back showing the rigs...

I have many of these in my drawer that I've purchased from them over the years at FDIC and other Fire Shows & Conferences.

They have their own staff artists and they do a fantastic job...

Say Hi to them for me...

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

Re: Off Topic-Where can i find a fire factory and rescue 3 tee shirt with a picture of the rig

I AM PRETTY SURE CLEMCO IS OUT OF BUSINESS, AT LEAST FOR A FEW YEARS NOW . THEY STARTED THE COLORED FDNY TEE SHIRT ETC TREND

http://www.clemcogti.com/

WENT TO THIER LAUREL STORE IN KEARNY NEW JERSEY A FEW YEARS AGO AND THEY WERE NOT THERE .. THERE HAS NOT BEEN ANY ADS FOR THEM IN ANY OF THE FIRE CIRCLES.AND WITH THE COPY WRITING OF FDNY, ALOT OF COMPANIES THAT MADE UP FDNY STUFF HAVE BEEN FORCED TO STOP USING THOSE MAGIC LETTERS. THE ONLY AUTHORIZED STORE IS THE FIRE ZONE ON 34 W 51ST IN MANHATTEN . GO TO WWW.FDNYFIREZONE.ORG. I HAVE SEVERAL BUFFS FROM NJ CHECKING INTO CLEMCO ,WILL GET BACK

I checked with clemco GTI, they are still in business however they no longer do any shirts with any of the rigs on them. Do any of you guys have any other ideas?.

Thanks
John

You may want to call these folks:

http://asiwear.com/fire1.html

They have some great looking shirts.

CLEMCO IS NOT DOING THOSE GREAT SHIRTS ANYMORE, IF YOU HAVE NO LUCK AT FIRE ZONE TRY THE ENGINE AND LADDER COMPANY ITSELF, THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT CAN DO THE TEES USING THOSE MAGIC LETTERS F.D.N.Y.

Rich is right, try the units themselves. Often they will order extra and may or may not be willing to sell them to the public.

As for ASIWear, we do not sell any of the shirts that we make. All the shirts are sold to the respective deparments and they sell them as they see fit. I know because I work for them. F**Y has really been cracking down on the use of those letters. Several of the companies in the city have stopped using them on their own shirts due to backlash.

Is that why Eagle Emblems stop selling the FDNY House Shirts too, they don't have any on their web site anymore........

Well i finally just e-mailed the fire factory directly. I thaught that they may have some shirts available or maybe they can point me in the right direction.

Thanks
John

Todd,
Most likely that is the reason. I was speaking to Tommy from Clemco at the W. Paterson show. He stated that they are even giving people a hard time whose shirts state NYFD.

If you don't have a license from F**Y, to use or sell, they will be going after you. They investigated us, and since we were not selling directly to the public, they had no issue with us.

Paul

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)