Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Interesting PD 58 Ford 4 DOOR! in 1/32

http://www.motormint.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1538

I may get 1 or 2 to kit bash into a chief's buggy. It appears to be a "Signature Models" piece.

Re: Interesting PD 58 Ford 4 DOOR! in 1/32

You're right, it's by the same company that makes Signature Models, I believe (interesting, on the base it says "Arko Products"). I have one - I bought all the 1:32nd scale cop cars from NMMM except the goofy-looking '64 Ford. It's always nice to see a vintage 4-door sedan, so many companies try to turn hardtops into police cars! The only real drawback with this one is that it's a Fairlane 500, not the Custom 300 that was most commonly used as a police (or fire chief's) car. That means there's a big trim "spear" on the side that interferes with door markings (no doubt why they used "Rye Police" as the lettering, an actual department in NY). Like many low-priced diecasts, the doors open but the window frames are attached to the doors. Overall it's a fairly good model, with generic plain hubcaps, appropriately skinny tires and a fairly decent Beacon Ray-style light (though a bit too tall, in my opinion).

Sorry, the above should have read, "...the window frames are not attached to the doors." In other words, when you open a door, it's like a half door.

Half doors? Thank you for letting me know. They just lost a sale. I won't waste my money on half done junk.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)