Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
First Response News.

First Response have pushed back the release dates of their lines to July/August and September 07. They have also added 7 "new" Crown Vics to the 07 line up. The cars will be a welcome addition as they are quite unique. There will be 2 extra versions of the CHP with a fully marked black and white version to go with the black and white slick top, a Commercial Enforcement version will also be avaialble. For those who don't know they are a plain white version that the CHP use. Also set for release is a slick top Michigan SP version and a slick top New Hampshire version. Jeff over at police car models has the complete list along with some updated photos of the up coming Crown Vic's.

Re: First Response News.

I hope First Response doesn't take a loss by producing both slicktops and cars with lightbars for some departments. I don't know how many collectors will buy two almost-identical cars by the same company from the same department for 15 or 16 bucks. I'd think most would get one or the other but not both, especially since 1st Response is releasing so many other models at the same time. The ones I'm really looking forward to are the '41 Fords. Gearbox has done most of the FCVs (though not to the same level of detail and accuracy), but the '41s are unique.

It is a worry and I agree with you Dick on this subject. I know I will purchase all the CHP cars and the two Michigan cars. However, at this time I would only buy one each of the others. I am pretty happy that we now have First Response, but I would like to have seen some different departments. Although, I feel that 08 will probably see quite a few more. I am hoping that Dennis will be able to get some of the more harder to get departments on board for the series.

Dennis said that his intent with that series was to make cars from depts that either had never been done before (like New Hampshire) or had changed markings (like Indiana) that hadn't been made. Not sure how Maryland (their first release) fits into those categories, but probably made because Dennis is a former MD State Trooper. Looks like 1st Response is entirely focusing on state agencies for now, probably because they're best sellers. I'm looking forward especially to the '41 Fords because there are so few accurate models of vintage US police cars. Dan Coviello, who customizes vintage cars into police cars, says the market for them has increased recently, so that's a good sign.

I just wish we could see more pictures of the real cars coming out. Still nothing on their site for the blank versions, CHP, Florida??? And I find it strange that all of the new info coming out can be found on other websites but not DD? I am really hoping that these cars turn out to be as good as they are sounding.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)