Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Back From The Hospital

Larry we have never met and don't know each other personally, but I have read and enjoyed a lot of your posts. Glad to hear your doing well post surgery and are "back on line". Hope your recovery continues well.

Good to see you are on the mend Larry, you must have been a good patient as they let you have the fries. Play up in hospital and they take away your fries.. ......something you are not telling us Chuck, either that or the hospital staff have relatives at Code 3.....ROTFLMAO

Progress Report...

Had my 'staples' out yesterday, which makes it a bit easier to do the required 'therapy' excercises, like bending, bending, and bending. One of these days I'll get it right!

I hope to be at the LaMoure, ND Toy Show this coming Saturday, 06-23-07, as Robyn has rented a wheel chair as 'required' for me by my surgeon to get around in this early after surgery...or, it's no go at all.

At my last therapy session I met a fellow that had basically the same procedure I did (only he didn't fall in his room right after surgery) and he was still using his own walker some five weeks after surgery. My own goal is to get 'rid' of this four-legged metal companion of mine ASAP that now is a regular part of my life, but that's only if I complete the required bending, bending and bending and my occupational therapist signs off on it.

It's a totally different way to live at present; we get to park (at least for a while now) in the 'blue' painted spaces around town, and that has given me the upmost respect for those that still (and will) have to park there on a permanent basis; unfortunately, they have no hope of ever getting rid of their 'blue' permits...of which I would give up mine in a heart beat.

The old saying, 'You don't know what you've got until you loose it' all of a sudden makes sense once again, and all I can say is thank God for my faith and thank God for the people on this Board. Robyn still can't get over the e-mails and phone calls from people we've never met before, and she has promised me a huge ATEV get-together for all of you in our backyard (and all expenses paid, at that) just as soon as she wins Powerball. I told her that with my connections in this hobby, I could probably get the renowned Woodland Hills Dymanic Duo Cooking Team of 'Arnie and Scott' to handle the grill, all the whilst getting 'grilled' themselves to handle the many questions we've been all been asking lately...

I also told her that now if she ever does connect, it's already been posted and there are at least 538 witnesses to that post. And while I wouldn't be making reservations just yet, it would be kinda neat, wouldn't it? Like I previously posted, ATEV'ers Don and Carol Feipel (AKA the 'Commish' on the Firepics Board) made the trip all the way out here from Chicago just before I went into the Hospital, so if you want to know anything about this crazy place that the TOY TRUCKER calls home (including the two Goodyear blimps that hang in the Family Room and the American Flag from Ground Zero that hangs in our living room), both of these great people can vouch for those and a few other zany things that presently make up our current 'home sweet home' (and that also includes our four cats, Sparky, Smokey, Siren and Cinders). Needless to say, we'd be lost without them.

So, it's bend, bend, bend until I can't bend any more, and then do five 'extra' bends just in case. And I'll keep you posted and up to date on the rest...

Thanks again, guys, for all the continued encouragement now and along the way; it's really, really been appreciated...

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

been away from toy trucker for about two years. Just renewed for two years. Looking forward to reading your column again. Moneys been tight lately.

It is good to hear that you are doing well after total knee replacement. I had my left knee replaced on the 12th of February and was back to work at the hospital in Syracuse where I work in 10 weeks. An excellent orthopedic surgeon and a very good rehab program made all the difference. I will have to have the right one done in the next couple of years.

I am hoping that your recovery and rehab will go as well and that you will soon be running marathons!!! Good luck.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)