Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
code3

I have a question that I hopr someone could help me with. I have several code3 pieces some are hard to find items. I no longer have the room for them and must part with them. Some time ago I heard of a site that could tell you aproximately what these could be worth. If that exists does anyone know where I can find it? Would hate to throw these on ebay if I could get more for them. Thanks!

Re: code3

"you would hate to put them on ebay, if you could get more for them" ?????
Where else would you put them then?
There never is a definate figure for value, these prices fluctuate continuously, and an "expert" may value these at say $500, as the last few went for that, but maybe the last few that went for that were bought by the only few people in the world that wanted them that badly, and now in the cold light of day, there is no-one left who would pay more than $150 for the same item.
This may be the link you want, I dont know, try it,
http://www.fireengines.net/code3_catalog/index.htm

Failing that, you could maybe sell them on here.

That is 100% correct. What a piece is "worth" is a lot different than what somebody is willing to pay, and if there is any market for the pieces. You could say a certain Code-3 piece is worth $500.00, but getting somebody to pay that is what matters. Everybody is different, and everybody has their limit for what they will pay for a certain, hard to find piece. If you truly want to sell them for some extra cash, you wont find a bigger forum than ebay. You set the price, so you wont get any less than that but remember, you might not get much more.

Thanks for the info guys!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)