Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
First Response Further Photo's

Diecast Direct now have new photo's of the up coming Michigan State Police and Indiana State Police versions posted on their website. They are looking pretty good.

Re: First Response Further Photo's

Thanks for the update Mark. I checked the site earlier this morning hoping for some news. They are looking great!

Conroys Cruisers is now reporting that the first round of releases has been pushed back from July to August

That figures, after I placed an order for five models. Kind of reminds me of...............

I think it is a good thing that the First Response cars are delayed, it shows a concern for quality and accuracy, instead of rushing out models that are not up to par!

Yeah, I agree with Jeff. I would much rather them get it right than rush out inferior product. There are already some unusual people out there having a crack at First Response for little or no reason (Not you Chuck) I am pretty confident these cars will be worth the wait.

So Jeff H, its definately a quality issue then???

I would NOT say there are any issues with quality - mostly because none of us have seen a production run car yet! The pictures on my site and others are either of the real cars, or early production cars. This process of tweaking and working out the bugs is common, especially on a brand new diecast line. Those that know of Dennis Deal who is working hard on the First Response line, know that he is a stickler for details, so I am sure that he and the powers that be at First Response are simply trying to put out the best model possible - even if it costs a bit of extra time!

By the way, I have been told that the cars will come in packaging similar to IXO models, each car with a display case! This MAY change - that is just what I was told.

I think this will be a great new series, and look forward to receiving the first models from First Response!

I'd say the display case is likely since the PA State Police release of the Crown Vic came with a very nice hard plastic case, not the flimsy window boxes that all the other White Rose and Fleer releases came in.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)