Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another First Gear Kenworth in the works

First Gear is planning a Smokey the Bear Kenworth fire truck due in Oct. 2007. It will be yellow and have Smokey the Bear logos. Looks like First Gear is gonna get some use out of that mold after all.

Re: Another First Gear Kenworth in the works

I'm not a fantasy rig guy.... I bought the Clinton piece and clearly it is one of the nicest pieces I own and rivals my Code 3 CFD Luverne DP model.

For me, unless it's "the real thing" I can't be bothered.

While I think the Kenworth was a great model, from the standpoint of collectability I would have liked to seen them use the mold once for the Clinton model and retire it.....but, alas, they didn't ask me

I agree with John completely...the fantasy Smokey Bear truck I can understand - even though I'd never buy it - as typical 1st Gear, trying to wring out a mold, but I cannot understand why a fire department would sell a model of another fire company's unique apparatus in their own markings!?

"FG" has released each piece of fire apparatus they have done, in "Smokey" colors. With the cost of such a "one off" rig, it doesn't suprise me they are using it for other pieces. Allowing them to keep using it, rather than retiring the molds after 1 piece, probably made the initial cost lower for Clinton FD & those that purchased it.

PS.... with "FG" pieces, most of the time items are contracted not by a FD, but rather a retailer, or other organization. Remember that First Gear is more of a "promotional" company, than a "replica" company. The Clinton KW is the first rig(that I know of) designed after a specific 1/1 rig for "FG."

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)