Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FDNY Ladder 30

Taking a chance that this will not be a screw up I ordered my copy.

Re: FDNY Ladder 30

Then it's a good thing you didn't order the Boston piece as, AGAIN, they didn't use the right light bar--guess they wanted it to match the wrong lightbar they put on the engine.

I refuse to pay 70 bucks pluss shipping especially when they literally GAVE AWAY Ladder 23 if you bought the firehouse then they still discounted it at 29.99. At least that truck was accurate!

Yawn.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

They better not botch up Ladder 30, because FDNY is their bread and butter.

Unfortunately the cost of ANY Code 3 ladder truck nowdays, despite what department it is, is becoming prohibitive for a lot of budgets. Weren't they only like $29.99 ten years ago? Or was it just a few more dollars than that?

When Ladder 23 came out (for Boston), the club member price was $39.99.....again, allow me to reiterate how that was a dead on accurate model with chrome and accurate paint/color/lights.

Look at the lights on the actual truck (see link) and siren on the bumper. I feel like this one is a botch. And it looks like the color is off by a few shades too..... see for yourselves.
http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Boston_Ladder_25.jpg

fdny and limited to just 1500 pieces... oh my, how the mighty have fallen.

oh well...

First Dog Food, then Toothpaste, now Diecast. Anything made in Communist China should be boycotted.

For crying out loud. What does this company have to do to you collectors before your get it through your heads that they don't give a Sh.. about you, and only care about their bottom line. I've been saying it for years, but there are always those who will kiss their assess, and keep purchasing. Some of you need to change your name to Toilet, as that is what this firm believes is your only use.

Now let the former C3 Board fanatics, and those on the new "Other" board post how great this comapny is, and blaa blaa blaa............

Chuck:

You make me laugh.

Steve, I'm just trying to keep it interesting. I also could have blamed C3 for World Hunger, High Gas Prices, Bush's Lobotomy, and Edward's $1200 Haircut, but I felt generous this morning. LOL

CHUCK

Chuck is dead on again today. All you have to do to prove it is send C-3 and e-mail or try to call them about a shipping problem. Oh but wait, they don't talk on the phone anymore.

Like Chuck I've gotten slammed a bunch of times on this Board for calling it like I see it relative to "them." That's why I've always appreciated this Board b/c you can have an opinion.

I do feel that diecast in general has gone so far south in the past few years--it's almost disheartening. It was fun, entertaining and even the high schooler on a budget could even get a decent scaled/realistic Matchbox car.

With the push toward technology--computer games, iPods, PS3, Nintendo WII..... the cars and trucks are truly just toys--for the little ones that the technology is too complicated for them to enjoy.

I see it with my friends with kids--I played with cars and trucks (and GI JOE) until I was 12, 13 and still COLLECTED after that. Now my friends with 7 and 8 year olds have them playing on the computer or handheld gizmo. It's just the new wave.

But getting back to them--fine, if you're going charge us $69.99 for a truck, DON'T DARE decrease the quality and accuracy. For 30 bucks more (than what the same truck was sold for 3 years ago), I expect that level of quality at a MINIMUM--certainly no less. That's why I'll wait until they show up at the liquidators. You may sell out a 40 dollar pumper, but those same folks, one month later, aren't going shell out twice that for a matching ladder--at least the smarter ones won't!

As for Chuck, the guy isn't afraid to say the truth. Some people just can't handle that..... Me, I have nothing but respect for someone that calls it like they see it. Good on ya Chuck!

I have to agree with Chuck and John A as well. What kills me is that fact that the Code 3 pep squad will shower C3 with praise for a "new mold" simply because they modified it somewhat.

As far as this hobby is concerned, My problem isn't so much with the state of diecast variety. Like most collectors over the age of twenty, I collect other brands, too.

What turns me off to sharing any opinions are the growing numbers of desperate souls whose lives seem to revolve around FDNY, Code 3, and a forum that they can collectively chatter on.

Amen, brothers! Opinions aren't welcomed "over there", and only if you think like them can you have a voice. When I voiced my "doom and gloom" forecast a year ago about the future of Code 3 you would've thought I was ending their world. Sorry, but there IS more to life than collecting "toy" fire trucks ( ) and EVERYONE has a right to voice their opinions on a subject, whether we agree with it or not.

True. But what gets me on "other" forums are the endless streams of repetitive garbage that go up, especially where the FDNY or one of its apostates are concerned.

Is it really necessary to respond to a post, just for the sake of responding? If you don't have something useful to add, or at least an educated or a dissenting opinion, why bother posting anything? It's like people in supermarkets or driving in heavy traffic who have to babble on cellphones. Can you like, shut up for twenty minutes?

Hello!!! Get a life???

Ya know for a bunch of guys that hate Code 3 you all sure love to talk about their monthly releases.

Believe it or not Rob, all of this discussion is sometimes helpful to collectors. For those on the fence about buying a certain peice, the comments sometimes really help out. I for one welcome the (serious) comments about quality, etc. These little fire trucks are not cheap anymore, and the more info I can get about them before shelling out my hard earned money, the better. Sure, some comments are just "ranting" but there are just as many that are useful information.

Rob, I don't hate Code 3 at all. I'm just disappointed, like a lot of others here, over quality issues and the likes. And I get tired of, as others do here, of the constant bombardment of FDNY rigs. Yes, "FDNY Sells!" I know, I know. There ARE other departments, though, that run Seagrave ladder trucks and pumpers!

Where are the Spartan cabs? Where is the ALF Century tiller ladder?

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)