Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Code 3 Negatives

Other than here(except for the few Kool-Aid drinkers),is anyone aware of a Board that will accept Negative comments about that other(just "saved" company)? The SUPER BOARD just doesn't want the truth spoken about them.
And yes,I know it's their board and they can do what they want,,,Yada,Yada,Yada...
I wonder who cleans the sheets when they're done!!

Re: Code 3 Negatives

Start your own board, thats the answer.

What I don't get is the what is the need for constant Code 3 criticism. I mean you are looking for a place to specifically knock the company. C'mon is it really worth it?

Code 3/Funrise is a toy company. Up until last week it was privately owned. I am sure if most of us were placed under the same scrutiny, flaws and mistakes could be found.

Of all the complaining the only person I really think has a right to be angry is Chuck. He was personally targeted. The rest of us are merely small players in the toy world.

Like I said in the first sentence, why is there a need for the constant berating of the company? This isn't a new thing. It has been going on for several years. Even when the models were plentiful, darn near perfect and new molds there was a need to knock them down.

You can call me a Kool-Aid drinker. But what I see on this and other places is no matter what they try to do it won't ever be good enough for their customers. Sure they made some mistakes. So What? The majority of their models are first rate.

I do think a majority of the collectors bought into the "collectibles" too much. The collectors also truly believed that buying toy trucks was a valid investment. In nearly 20 years as a "professional collector" and dealer, I have seen this happen with many lines. Hmmm Road Champs, yes. Gearbox, ditto. Hot Wheels, same thing. Corgi, oh please. Johnny Lightning, uh-huh. Racing Champions, sure. NASCAR, yessireebob. It is the same thing over and over. A sudden surge of interest to which a company responds by making more models. Then after a while either the interest dies down or the releases pile up and the market begins to cool. Stuff ends up at the clearance stores or collecting dust on dealers shelves. At that time the collectors all begin to whine and lament about the good old days. It is a constant repeating pattern.

Whew. Of the soap box.

Jeff

Danny, we always welcome comments at FireEngines.net, both positive and negative. In fact there are threads there now that are mostly negative about Code 3. It is comments like you are becoming known for that attack people personally that as a moderator, I feel compelled to delete. I see a lot of "our memebers" come here to Mike's site and bad mouth us (fireengines.net)and our forums, then return to our forums on another screen name (guesswho) and return to old tricks. Sometimes even posting how wrong things are here at the ATEV as well. We delete those posts too, because they do nothing to further the hobby. We can not always maintain order, or even civility for that matter, but when one attacks someone personally or it becomes degrading, we feel that the right thing to do is to delete the postings or the entire thread. Case in point, you were one of the most vocal and volunteerd to be a moderator when it was announced that Code 3 was shutting down their forums. Many of the Code 3 members were outraged, and most expressed a desire to have a forum that was moderated and one where some controls were in place to keep things civil. You were on board with that and offered an opinion. But when a couple of your posts got out of hand, and we (Larry Lorance or Richard Krom) deleted them, you chose to go a different route with multiple screen names and made things difficult for us. Then to come to another forum and do what you continue to do to us (fireengines.net) and our members, just plain does not seem right. I dont see how it furthers the hobby Danny, nor do I see how you could consider me a friend now, when you continue to make things difficult for myself and Larry. Mike has a good forum here, and I learn things and have a lot of customers here. And I applaude Mike for not having any sort of moderation in place, there is a need for it. What there is not a need for is the continous back stabbing you are becoming quite well known for. I had always considered you a valuable and knowledgable member buy seems any more, all you want to do is stir things up, not offer anything constructive that benefits the hobby, and insult Larry and myself. I used to consider you a friend, but again, you have taken things too far and chose to air your comments and nasty insuations here on a public forum. I dont know what happend to make you so angry at us, or me in particular, but sure wish there were something we could do to get you back on board and offer something constructive to the hobby. Since the demise of the Code 3 forums, I have resisted the temptation to spar with you in a public forum, but with what you just posted above, how could one not reply? What happened Danny, why are you so angry at the two people that probably work the hardest of all to further our hobby. And most important to me, what did I do to you personally to receive the treatment that I get from you? Respectfully,
Richard Krom Moderator, FireEngines.net forums
Owner, Roadblockers decals.

If the "other" forum is all that positive, I will have to say in the last several weeks, this one has become the negative side. We all know there are several individuals who are mostly negative about Code 3 but to hear it all the time becomes tiresome. Just like repaints, the negatives are a given. Nobody seems to care or chooses to understand why there are so many repaints and there were just as many 8-10 years ago and nobody griped about them then.

Code 3 has been bought out by another company and Scott and the gang are leaving. We shall see how code 3 turns out by years end. Positive or negative is the question.

Scott is the only one that has said he's leaving. Arnie is staying on.

Rich,
Let's see if I understand YOUR "Discussion". There will be questions AND replies to and for you.
#1 When have I Personally attacked ANYONE?
#2 Never wavered from the way I posted!
#3 After the 1st account was DELETED,I couldn't get back as Whatever,so I went to guess who.I NEVER had Multiple names!!!
#4 Considered a friend? I would still consider you a friend...I ,unlike some, CAN Live w/o it.BUT,Some people get the BIG Head with a power trip when they control things.(Take a guess!!){and it ain't you}
#5 Most of my posts are inline with EVERYBODY'S...I post what/how/ I see it Or feel it. Do I mince my words??NO!!!And that's where the problem lies.
#6 I feel You are evidently taking this TOOOOOOOOO seriously in regards to Code 3.
#7 What was wrong with my comment about a Certain party staying on?? "Oh yeah,that will push Code 3 ahead!!"
#8 Do I need to start being more PC? Sorry,ain't gonna happen. I call it as I see it!
#9 Sorry you see things and feel the way you do.But,Life will go on for us both.
#10 OH,And I don't backstab.....I'm OPEN with my beotches,gripes,etc.~~~~~ Which is MUCH MORE than Most of the Whiney Complainers that don't have the Gonads to ask or inquire(Point being about the Signature I used that people complained about without knowing THEY were the ONLY one seeing it)
Well,gotta run.TTFN

Jeff,
It is not constant.I'm not looking for a "a place to specifically knock " them.
Just a place,like here,that allows it. And doesn't delete the posts that don't make the grade..LOL
As you being a Kool-Aider, Naaaahhhhhhh....

I'm really bored, so I'll say dis about dat.

Code 3 hasn't gotten a dime directly out of me in two years. I buy 'em cheap and just for parts. It's my money, and since those who choose to buy seriously flawed products at top dollar are spending their own money, their business isn't mine.

Hobbywise, one concern that I have always had is that if a manufacturer knows it can get away with selling junk, they will continue doing so. Why should they improve? This is an opinion that I and many others voiced, but we were called whiners; nitpickers; etc. Clearly, it didn't cut the ice and we're a minority. No need to say it all again.

If someone has criticism about how another forum is managed or about the quality of the its subject matter, then those opinions should be voiced there or at least privately to its moderators. Slamming it here is pointless.

If someone is unsatisfied with the feedback (or lack of) that one gets to those opinions on that forum, leave it. This is a very easy thing to do when you don't have to pay for it or put time into maintaining it. It's a little bit harder to do if you tried to make it a more interesting place, but found that you weren't cheering for the popular team: Code 3/FDNY.

If something is not up to your standards, why bother? I fully understand why some sites and forums now require a nominal fee to belong. The "fee" is only part of it. It's too easy to act stupid and dump all over something that's free of charge. It reminds me of the housing projects in NYC. The "residents" have no vested interest in the structure, and many don't take care of where they live and behave like savages.

If someone has a personal beef with someone else on a forum, that person should take it private. One can then be sure that the targeted person will get the message loud and clear. It also prevents various sympathetic interlopers and busybodies from adding their two cents, and thus starting a ***** thread which will then be deleted-and rightly so.

Thats is as "on the money" as you can put it, very articulate Steve. Thank you.

Jeff, thanks for the encouraging words. However, I did bring it a little to far with "Other" Assistant (so here's my apology for that. Sorry). But if his email didn't have cc's to their lawyers, it would have been okay for me (everyone vents). I guess I've never had a real complaint concerning their product. I did take issue with their "lets get on the 9-11, and Opps, looks like we made a profit too" Bandwagon. But a lot of firms, and politicians made hay on the Blood of Victims. That I felt was very wrong.

The profit motivated exploitation of 9/11 by certain parties is a whole different saga, and one where some have drawn lines. I'm right there with you Chuck, thanks for bringing it up.

The second best thing about this hobby is the entertainment value! LOL

mjl

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)