Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
August release

NEW AUGUST RELEASES
Code 3 Collector Club Members and Authorized Dealers will be able to pre-order three new releases on Friday August 3rd. One release is from a city that we have not produced a fire apparatus model from and the other is a spectacular station set (engine plus a ladder). As usual the new items will be posted on our website by 7:30am Friday August 3rd. All three releases are 1500 piece limited editions.

I haven't heard that much good news and
excitment from C3 in 2 years
sounds kinda like old day's

Re: August release

Well, good ole days or not, I know this much, John A will find a small difference between the real rigs and the models, so he will send his back, Tim H will order them, and when they ship later than he expects, and it sends him into bank overdrawn, he will cancel his next order, and firefighter146 wont order them at all.

The question is...will they be quality ones like the old days, or crappy ones like the recent release with very little detail and no chrome plating?

Could it maybe be the American Lafrance 900 tiller and anniversity pumper from San Francisco.
and something the lime guy would like

Given that the single apparatus is from "a city they've never produced." it won't be SF

Could it be FDNY?????.....maybe if we all wish REALLY HARD....

Sorry Pete, but screwing up the color by 2 shades and using a completely WRONG lightbar aren't "minor" as you call them. It's called being lazy and trying to rake in as much $$ as you can by lowering your standards and thinking we will still crap.

Can't wait to see the posts at 1031 EST on Aug 3rd when they announce a $150 FDNY Ladder/Engine set and a repaint from the great City of Who Gives a Flying F---

Me Thinks
Baltimore City Pierce Engine & Seagrave Ladder

I, for one, look forward to all the comments and speculations that inevitably come up when aannouncements like this are made. The actual releases aren't nearly as interesting.

Here's one thought. The announcement says one release will be for a city they have not released a fire apparatus model from. It might not be a new city. It could be a city they've done a police car for but not a fire truck.

It says "a city that we have not produced."

Hmmm.

I think it's wise not to bet on any new molds.

How about Portland, OR? They run ALF Eagles and have a number of ALF Eagle tillers as well, with an LTI-style trailer and a MD stick. We all know the LA tiller was supposed to be coming, and the Portland rigs are almost identical. It would be an easy repaint for them.

Code 3 already made a Portland ALF in 2002.

I don't think it's a new mold because they would have said that

Since they did recently repaints for
Chicago HME Engine
FDNY Engine/Ladder
Boston Engine/Ladder
so I would say LA City is due
Probally another Dash Engine & Duplex/LTI Tiller
maybe a light force

I am betting an ALF from Buffalo NY. What the hell its as good as anyone else's guesses.

The set would likely be LA or Baltimore. Or perhaps Orlando?

Jeff

Lets all hope it's NOT Orlando! No hard feelings, but I don't miss him!

First,..........

First, why the mystery? Forget the former Code 3 BS, and tell us what will be offered.

Second, who will pre-order when we all believe quality will plummet.

Third, do you think Fall delivery actually means delayed until Winter, or Spring?

Fourth, why pay retail with expensive shipping when you can buy at a discount in February at half the cost on ebay.

Fifth, I'd rather save my money and wait for those "delayed" First Response issues.

but screwing up the color by 2 shades and using a completely WRONG lightbar aren't "minor" as you call them. It's called being lazy and trying to rake in as much $$ as you can by lowering your standards and thinking we will still crap.

How about runs of 1500 repaints won't hardly come close to covering mould/development costs. Yeah, they are really raking in the $$$$$$.

Well I shoot for this,,,, It has to be an old mold so I am looking at DCFD Seagrave Pumper and ALF Tower Truck

The only possible "August Release" I am sorta looking forward to, is the 1/50 Athearn "bumper pumper."

I'm a member of the Who gives a F..K FD and I'm really excited that such a fine company as Code 3, who is known for it's high quality standards will be making an exact replica of our POS

Round and Brown

Ca

Someone of you guys are right !
4 of them are right on

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)