Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ALL KIT BASH CONTEST PHOTOS POSTED

All of the Summer Kit Bash Photos have been posted. If I missed someone PM me.

Go to www.fireengines.net to view

Re: ALL KIT BASH CONTEST PHOTOS POSTED

Wow there are some awesome kitbashes this year, you guys sure like to make things hard for the judges!! Good work guys, you are all winners

All the entries were great. Since I am an avid airport vehicle lover I really like Charles Rowleys
68 Dodge CFR unit. Wish I had the talent to be able to do something like that. Keep up the great work guys.

All were pretty sharp but the Seagrave Maurauders were REAL nice as was the Mack closed cab TL131.

I have nothing but praise for guys that even take the time to do stuff like that.

A "couple" of those entries are in an entirely different class where skill level is concerned. There are some really great entries, and there are others that we've seen before in one version or another. I was glad to see some new players in the field, and at least one top-notch guy (IMO) who came out of the woods for this contest.

Charlie's Dodge just stands alone. It's in a class by itself.

All that said, my personal favorites are the UFA rearmount by Tim Collins (IMHO he was always one of the very best kitbashers anywhere), the Mack Granite tanker by Ralph Ratcliffe, and the Vegas TDA by Darell Goodman.

Gotta love those amateurs!!

The talent level is amazing simply amazing.

Pete Mortensen

Thanks Larry. Some very inventive models. Terrific Rescue with the open doors. Some great conversions.

Chuck

A few more have been added that I could not find.

As one of the three judges for this contest, all I can say is that I was totally blown away with the entries that I've had the privilege to look at these past few weeks. In fact, it was almost unreal as they just kept coming and coming each day, with my 'vote' literaly changing each day until absolutely the last entry was in (which is the right way to do it, anyway)...but, to go back and back and look again and again...that was a tough assignment!

That said, I anticipate a 'learning' experience for us as judges with additional and more 'defined' catagories next year.

A tip of the white helmet to Larry Lorance for hosting the contest on fireengines.net; it just doesn't get any better than that!

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

The results have been posted.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)