Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Found over at the other board

Found this link over at the other board:

http://www.code3.net/fire/schedule.asp?year=2007

Re: Found over at the other board

I don't know if the ALF is accurate or not, but it's a nice looking model....must resist temptation to order...must resist...

I ordered mine, but resisted the **** stuff....in both July and August.

As anyone tried to order any of these trucks yet, I did add FDNY E7 to my shopping cart

I was half right. I guessed the Buffalo ALF. I think that release looks pretty good. THE FDNY stuff I will pass on.

Jeff

I like the Buffalo rig! Kudos to Code 3 for making something a little different. FDNY: I'll pass on it. The Buffalo rig is tempting, though.

I WORK AT THE BUFFALO FIRE DEPT SHOPS,AND IN THE LAST 2 YEARS WE GOT 10 ALF PUMPERS.FROM LOOKING AT THE CODE 3 SITE AND MY PHOTOS THE PUMPER IS PRETTY CLOSE TO WHAT WE HAVE ,THE ONLY NOTICABLE DIFFERENCE IS THE JUMP SEAT DOOR WINDOW IS ALOT BIGGER THEN THE ACTUAL TRUCK . THAT COULD BE REMEDIED BY EITHER PAINTING WHITE AT THE TOP OF THE WINDOW TO BRING IT DOWN TO SIZE OR WHITE TAPE .OTHERWISE IT SEEMS LIKE THE REAL RIGS

I wonder if, because of this goof, this may be the first time an item will sold out before being officialy offered to club members?

i attempthed the abouve wibsite and it only took me until the July releases, is there something else that i shoule do once i get on the site.

Thanks
John

Well it was there this morning,but has since been removed...Must have been a mistake that it was put up early...

NO, ur not doing anything wrong..Code-3 found the mistake and removed the info from their site. You can just order the stuff this Friday. Some folks on the other board are wetting their pants because they were able to order before the info was removed. They act like they are getting some special piece that none of the rest of us will this Friday. I guess it's pretty important since school is out, they have nothing else to look forward to

I'm no expert on Beantown, but did they change colors from dark red on their equipment? That ladder looks kind of light. Just asking. Chuck

Am I missing something? I went to the link but I do not see anything new listed at all.

Brian

For those of you who missed out on the info before it was removed, Friday's releases will be...and I know this will come as a big shock...FDNY Ladder 1, FDNY E-7, and an ALF engine from Buffalo NY. I guess the rest of the states don't make money for FDNY(Code-3) Collectibles. The Buffalo piece looks nice, but the other two are just more FDNY repaints.

As far as the Boston piece goes, the color is way lighter than the previous releases, and it should not be. Boston bought 2 E-One pumps in 2001 for E-4 and E-52 or so with new graphics and high side compartments that were a much lighter shade of red. Then they bought all the Pierces that were a little darker red, but not as dark as the older E-Ones such as those that C3 replicated. E-30 and L-25 should not be that light shade of red, and next to my E-41,E-24 and Tower Unit my E-30 looks WAY out of place.

As far as the new Buffalo piece goes, the pump panel has virtually no detail whatsoever, and is extremely long, at least fromthe looks of the photos. Almost kind of makes it look like and industrial rig. No sale for me. If it had looked better I would have considered it.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)