Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Athearn 1/50 Ford 850 & HO Haz Mat Trucks IN

The new Athearn 1/50 Ford 850 and HO Haz Mat rigs are in at www.houseofhobbies.com, great new stuff!! Check it out.

Re: Athearn 1/50 Ford 850 & HO Haz Mat Trucks IN

Just ordered 1 red & 1 white/red Ford 850. The red one will be "retro-fitted" with a booster reel & single gum ball. I will also be mounting a 2Q on the left front fender.

any word on unlettered versions?

No more schemes announced yet on the 1/50 F-850, I am sure more will be coming though!

Hey Jeff, can you take some decent photos of one of them and post them? Thanks. Rich

PICTURES:
(From the Diecast Direct website, but price is better with us at www.houseofhobbies.com !)

I would love to know what model fire apparatus will be next from Athearn. Aren't they due to make a large aerial device of some kind??? If they're going to stick with a Ford C, how about a Snorkel, in which the cab would have jumpseats.

I am not a fire collector, however these are very nice.

For making "suggestions" to Athearn,(like 1/50 Ford C rescues!!) use this link.......

http://www.athearn.com/About/Contact.aspx

One of each just arrived from Jeff today. As always, great service, thanks Jeff!

I picked up the 850 that Mike has shown at the top of the page. It's a nice model, and the paint is toned down to a satin finish, not glossy. Overall, pretty sharp.

The Boston Hazmat fits in nicely with its companion pieces. Interestingly, the red warning lights next to the headlights are printed on this one, rather than the raised detail on the pumper. No doubt to make use of the common mold for the tractor.

Both are keepers.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)