Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: new aug code 3

NEW YORK, NEW YORK, A CITY SO NICE, YOU HAVE TO SEE IT ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

That TL 1 is as poorly done as the the Boston Ladder 25/Boston E30.

It is a striaght repaint. Go to Mike Martinelli's site and take a look at the real rig (FDNYtrucks.com) The boom/bucket is completely wrong on the model. Sure the graphics look accurate, but to me, if I'm paying $79.99, I want the boom/bucket to be accruate.

Buffalo piece looks good, but not one that I plan to add, but I'm sure if I saw a picture of that one, there would be some obvious omissions that Code 3 just didn't incorporate into the model.

I remember a couple of years back when we used to post thing like: "They even included the (insert detail here)!" Now, it's mass produce models that are as close as they can get without modifying an existing mold.

I WORK AT THE BUFFALO SHOPS ,WE GOT 10 OF THOSE RIGS IN 2 5 PUMPER DELIVERIES. AS FAR AS I CAN TELL FROM THE PICTURE, THE DOOR WINDOWS BEHIND THE DRIVER AND OFFICER ARE ALOT TALLER THEN THE REAL TRUCK. IF THAT SURFACES WITH THE REAL MODEL I WILL PAINT OR TAPE WHITE THE TOP PORTION OF THE WINDOW TO BRING IT DOWN TO CORRECT SIZE THE REST LOOKS PRETTY ACCURATE. WE ALSO GOT 2 ALF TOWERS FRONT BUCKET, 1 ALF 110 STICK WITH THE LED LIT LADDERWAY,AND 1 ALF MIDSHIP TOWER LADDER, WE ALSO PURCHASED A ALF RESCUE, WE ARE DRAWING UP SPECS FOR 2 MORE PUMPERS AND ANOTHER 110 STICK. PERHAPS CODE 3 WILL DO THE MIDSHIP AND REAR MOUNT,THAT MAY BE TOO MUCH TO ASK

Hi Rich
Do you think the new rigs are going to be ALF's
same specs as the last 10 pumpers Or are they going to be E-One, Crimson, or Pierce etc.?

WE COULD HAVE PURCHASED THE 2 PUMPERS AND LADDER ,AS A ADD ON TO THE PREVIOUS PURCHASES, BUT OUR CONTROL BOARD WANTED IT REBID. WE COULD HAVE SAVED UP TO 100,000. MY FEELINGS ARE ALF WILL WIN THE BID, THEY WILL MAKE MORE MONEY AND WE WILL KEEP OUR FLEET THE SAME ,WHICH IS GOOD FROM A SHOP POINT OF VIEW. COMMISSIONER LOMBARDO HAS DONE A GREAT JOB.ITS A SHAME POLITICIANS HAVE TO GET INVOLVED

Hi Rich
Thanks for information
PS I bet you bought like 10 Code 3 Buffalo ALF Engines

Also on TL-1 there's a Diamond Plated Squad Box on the roof of the real rig.
Code-3 left this out too!

I counted the rivets on the real rig and Code 3 has left some of them off too. What will they do wrong next???

Nitpicker, that made my day!!! I laughed my --- off!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)