Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
C3 E-ONE TITAN ???

I was wondering if the "New" Code 3 Collectibles would consider offering more E-One Titans. Of all their issues, the Titans seem to sell for the most on ebay, and usually well above retail.

Also, I was wondering if they'll hire someone who would finally see the profit potential in selling kits, and spare parts. They would have to change their marketing strategy (as if they had one?), and offer products to distributors for dealers. The model train business does it that way, and any model RR store has 1/3 the shop dedicated to the parts buyer.

My two yen.

Re: C3 E-ONE TITAN ???

Chuck, I like your idea of Kits and the spare parts, Lets hope they read the board!

Relative to parts, do you think that is a realistic request? I personally would like to see some spotlights as I have lost a few during 2 recent moves--in particular on my Squad 51 which is unique because I can't kitbash that piece from any other truck.

I know Corgi is great with sending spare parts. I contacted them because I had a warped tire on a Mack B pumper. 3 weeks later, I got 4 tires and 4 rims in the mail!

There's a lot of things we can hope for, but I don't see "them" giving a lot of them to us.

I doubt we will see kits from Code 3 or most other manufacturers. I learned a lot about this a few years ago in my dealings with Athearn and Mattel. Basically it comes down to shipping and cost/price. Even though in theory it is cheaper to create a model unassebled than it is to assemble the model. The increase in materials for packaging and increased shipping cost for more volume make it hard to sell the kits.

When Athearn released the Ford C pumper, we approached Athearn to inquire about the likelihood of seeing a kit. This is when the explanations were given complete with a cost breakdown. Basically a run of 5000 kits would take up as much space as 1000 complete trucks.

All in all this sucks for the modelers among us. Athearn did respond by releasing the rescues undecorated. Now if we could just get a parts pack to replace all the little bits that get lost or destroyed during the disassembly process.

Jeff

chuck e-mail me

chuck,
could you e-mail me, I want to ask you something that doesn't need to be out in the public eye
thanks
Mike

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)