Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Code 3 Collectibles Oshkosh Truck Desert Camouflage Item number: 330156238418

Glenn: Can you show us a picture ?

Re: Code 3 Collectibles Oshkosh Truck Desert Camouflage Item number: 330156238418

I searched Code 3 Oshgosh and it's cool.

That is cool!

Excellent! I'd buy 2, Had Code-3 actually done 1500 it would have sold out. Once again that don't cater to the consumer, I can hardly wait for the next Repaint. Yea Right!

hey what is the deal with these, I remember a guy that had the Ladder 49 prototype.. what ever happened with that??? didn't you guys run him off here for trying to sell it on Ebay???

Jeff: Thanks for the pic!!

The story I am told is it was a prototype and C3 wanted to do it but the paint was to difficult to mass produce.

Just for the record, I also photographed this piece in Scott's office during one of my visits to Code 3.

Scott told me that they were considering it but nothing was carved in stone at that time.

I did run the photo that I took of this piece in my column a few years back; it is genuine, there's no doubt about it.

Almost reminds me of when the 'purple' Jack Daniels Ladder also showed up on eBay some time ago...and that went for only $75.00!

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

It is an exceptional piece. I'm thinking of sort of duplicating one for my personal collection. As the railings are also in camo, the conversion will not require the tedius removal of railings and those other difficult to remove parts. A good white primer base coat, followed by easily available light earth tones, then a pattern composed of one or more camo shades, would result in a nice model. The vents can be made with decals, or scrap plastic to simulate heavy duty desert sand filters. Either an Oshkosh or Titan would look great. Just a thought.

And thanks fopr posting the photograph.

"Almost reminds me of when the 'purple' Jack Daniels Ladder also showed up on eBay some time ago...and that went for only $75.00!"

And the guy who bought that, put it straight back on ebay, for over $1000 !!!!!
Some people cannot understand that if you were the only one bidding up to $75, who now is going to want it for $1000 or more.(I cant remember the total he was asking, but I think it could have been $1200)

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)