Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: San Francisco Centennial Edition Fire and Cop Shop exclusive

Looks very nice, first code 3 in month worth to buy

Have I missed something or does it not say how many will be issued????

Very impressive looking rig. Except for LA City and LA County I am not much on West Coast trucks - primarily an FDNY guy, but this one really caught my eye. Just placed my order with Fire and Cop Shop. This will be my first Code 3 purchase in months.

Kevin,

1500 will be issued.

Waaaaaah! It's just another LaFrance repaint! waaaah, It's got the pickheaded axe on the side where the flatheaded axe should be! The tires are Goodyears instead of Firestones like on the real rigs. That's it! I'm never buying another Code 3 again. They're going down the tubes! This is the final straw.

Sorry, I just wanted to be the first to do this. Really, I'm satisfied, as usual with their release. :)

Mark

Just as certain as the likelihood that someone will complain about a new Code 3 release is the likelihood that a "true believer" will ridicule those who do (for the record, I'm not in either camp, but I do watch the proceedings with interest!

Mark,
You also forgot the rivet count is off. Us nitpickers count every bolt and rivet and I'm sure there are some missing.

1,500....and ten of them are mine!

2 door handles on each door???? WTF???

While it appears "dangerous" at this point to criticize the model, it is still worth noting that Code 3 is still using the older, original Eagle cab design to replicate later prototypes. The windshield appears to have been modified, but the casting still incorporates the old-design driver's and captain's side windows, rather than the recent profile, with the sloping lower edge. That said, both this and the Buffalo Engine look pretty nice.

Very true about the old profile window outlines, and the double door handles. BUT...that doesn't change the fact that it's still a very eyecatching and desireable piece. It's like a tremendous WHOOOOOSH of cool, fresh air after all of the stale XXXX stuff that Code 3 has been peddling. Furthermore, the left-coasters are finally getting another regional release. It's about time.

With this release, I might be reviving my interest in Code 3 after being nearly bored to death by them.

The eyecatching factor was also true of the Tarrytown tower. Nothing will grab the eye more than a dab of blue in a sea of red. The Tarrytown had much bigger accuracy issues than this SF Engine, but I still bought a couple with the intention of correcting at least one of them.

The Buffalo piece is okay, but not nearly as interesting as the San Francisco rig.

I like the Buffalo and SF ALFS. The maroon is different, and it's nice to see a rig from Buffalo being modeled. Both something a little different for a change.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)