Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Code 3 Collectibles Looking For Your Input...

John Dunkel of Code 3 Collectible is looking for your input. If you have any model suggestions, complaints, recommendations, you name you can now send them DIRECTLY to John by using this link:

http://www.fireengines.net/askcode3.html

Now is the time to let Code 3 know what you are thinking!

Larry

Re: Code 3 Collectibles Looking For Your Input...

Now is your time to send your comments about Customer Service...

& poor "QC?"

Great Idea, But The last Guy didn't listen?

“Great Idea, But The last Guy didn't listen?”

Makes perfect sense to me!

Don’t say anything to the new Chief, because the old Chief did not listen. What a stroke of wisdom…..

I am going to sit down and work out some ideas to send into Code 3. I have had luck in the past as two rigs I sent in were made by Code 3. I realize that things were changing and a lot of you weren't happy with what was happening. I will go along with that as I was disappointed also. However before I bash the new guy I intend to see what happens and go from there. Resend any ideas you have and let's see what happens. Some might get done others might not but we won't know unless we give them a second chance. Also remember nothing will ever be as perfect as the real rig that we are trying to duplicate U9KKin minature.

I will go along too, but the first and foremost thing he has to do...NO questions asked, is to bring back the customer service reps and the ability to talk LIVE to someone. No more of this email stuff. If he is serious about his committment to the customer, he will bring them back. If he is not, and is only offering lip service, then he won't.

For me, Code 3 Collectibles was like a stale marriage. Like BB King sang: "The thrill is gone, baby." I have moved on, and pay more attention to other manufacturers and....here's a shocker....departments other than the FDNY.

After years of concentrating on smaller scales (mainly because of space), I am now liquidating my Code 3's or putting them in storage. I have begun dabbling in large scale kitbashing and scratchbuilding, so I thank Code 3 for boring me enough lately to make that move. It's a very different world over on "The Dark Side."

Larry, I understand your point. But like many other people, I tried to "raise issues" and failed. It's a hobby, not a career. Also, like many other people, I no longer have the time to waste on demanding a product that's worthy of my money. I don't think that Code 3 will never captivate as many collectors as they used to. Or, at least not as many with enough disposable income to buy the increasingly expensive products that they love to complain about. Catch my drift?

I'll bet that the FNG's inbox is buried with poorly worded demands for proper slamlocks and the right shade of red on whatever FDNY piece Code 3 has had the nerve to overlook so far, and now must build, or else....or else....what?

Folks...

I've talked with John a number of times. He is HONESTLY looking for ways to improve Code 3.

He wants to hear the good, bad, and ugly. If you have a complaint about Customer Service, by all means use the link and let him know.

I've been collecting for many years and this is the first time any company has asked for direct input from the collector community. Please don't let this opportunity pass!

Some honest input will never hurt. Giving the new guy a chance will put all the what if's to rest. Either he takes the suggestions to heart and finds a way to use them and still make a buck or he will go the way of his predecessors. What is there to lose on this end

Must agree with Steve on this one. The Thrill is gone baby! But then again why is it Yat-Ming can come out with Quality Pieces at a very fair price in 2 different scales!

the thrill is not completely gone BUT the new guy doesn't bother to send me a reply so what's new??????

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)