Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chicago LDVs

I will probably get the police and most likely the fire. I dom't think the fire department has an LDV like that. But it will look good along the other CFD stuff.

But the question remains why no FDNY version when the FDNY actually has several very similar to the Code 3's. I know all the sick of FDNY blah, blah, blah, yadda yadda yadda.

Jeff

Re: Chicago LDVs

If anyone has a pic of a Chicago LDV (or equivalent), please pass on a link. I googled "Chicago LDV" and one does come up on the LDV site, but when I try to link to it, I can't find it.

As the bulk of my C3 is Boston, Chicago, LA City, I would be inclined to buy but only if it is based on an actual rig. Bill is usually good about replicating only actual rigs.....

According to the fire and cop shop, the description under theitr CFD LDV reads,
"Although this piece is an artistic interpretation of what a Chicago LDV would look like if it were on the streets today, it provides collectors an opportunity to add another dimension to their extensive CFD collections."

FYI, only the police LDV is a PTH exclusive. The Bedford and CFD models are available at Code 3.

Jeff

Interesting - the Code 3 e-mail today says the CFD LDV is Chicago's "newest piece of apparatus" and you guys say they don't actually have one!? Guess it's like the Crown Premiums Freightliner/LDV van they did earlier. Glad my interest is mainly in police vehicles, though I love the black and red colors. I also got an e-mail from PTH announcing the police LDV that said "order now," but couldn't locate it on their website. Anyone find it? Hope the price isn't like the E350 CPD Special Ops truck - I would have gotten that one but just couldn't bear to pay 50 bucks for a 1:64th scale ambulance...

There is a 2007 Freightliner that the CFD has that was delivered but has never been put to use as anything. Only the top 1/4 was painted black. I saw it back in Feburary at their repair garage but have not seen it since.

Dick. I ordered the CPD one from PTH. It is listed under the 2007 releases. It's $49.99

PTH is offering both LDV's for $49.95 each or both for $89.95.

NO FDNY LDV's?

FEAR NOT!!! I am certain that plenty will be available on ebay in no time at all.

Always the optimist or is that the pessimist, eh Steve? Hard to say which one is right.

Actually Alan, I'm a cynic where the XXXX is concerned.

I wish they offered some in white without the tampos. I'd bet they could sell quite a few, as thre is now a variety of decals available to model different agencies.

Here is the link to the newest CFD communications apparatus. NOT an LDV, and not in black/red. There are also pics of other new unique apparatus, like a new hose tender and hazmat rig. Sorry for the long link, but its what appeared.

http://egov.cityofchicago.org/city/webportal/portalContentItemAction.do?BV_SessionID=@@@@1284277246.1190003284@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccfaddlmkmjfhfcefecelldffhdfgk.0&contentOID=536950198&contenTypeName=COC_EDITORIAL&showImage=0&topChannelName=Dept&channelId=0&programId=0&entityName=Fire&deptMainCategoryOID=-536891838

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)