Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
About Time!!!!

Finally a Diplomat in 1/64. And we will see police versions too.

http://www.mboxcommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?p=330925#post330925

Jeff

Re: About Time!!!!

I'd like to see some of these offered in 1/43rd also.

I'll pass judgement after they are released & I see if they are 1/64, or somewhere between 1/55 & 1/72.

Woooooeeee! Frankly, I don't care if it's 1:55, 1:56, 1:57 or any other scale, as long as there's finally a Diplomat model - as long as it's proportional for whatever scale it's in, and it does appear to be so. Only thing a bit off that I see is it sits kind of high off the ground, like it's got 4-wheel drive. I hope the police version has actual police hubcaps or the steel wheels. Also, the Aries K and Plymouth Reliant models shown with the Diplomat were used as police cars by the military and other government agencies in the '80s.

I'm with Dick on this. Based on the previous releases by MM. They will be someplace in the 60s scale. Close enough for my display.

I had been pushing for them to release the police version with the police style caps. Who knows? Also the police version will be in the American Grafiti series and the plain in the Fresh Cherries.

Jeff

Great news, hopefully this casting will be used to its full potential. As for the correct hub caps, I can see them doing what all the others have done. Add abit of black paint.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)