Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1:43 Schuco Iveco/Magirus Super Dragon crash truck

Seen above. Splendid model, with quite a range of motion of the bumper and roof nozzles. Front wheels turn. Hefty, heavy model.

Bought mine at Burbank House of Hobbies, http://store.houseofhobbies.com/sc1ivsudrx8a.html

Larger photo, from above:

mjl

Re: 1:43 Schuco Iveco/Magirus Super Dragon crash truck

Mike:

I, too, ordered one from the guys at Burbank H of H -- I'm picking it up tomorrow afternoon on my way to Riverside for a day of buffing (Friday) prior to the Fire/Cop Shop open house on Saturday. Hope it is as nice as you say....

jim

James, it is!!!!
I've seen one in a toy store in Brussels yesterday. It is indeed a very big and very nice model. Lots of detail. It's price tag was 110 euros. Limited to 1000 pieces it seems.

There are several new Schuco models out - the Super Dragon is a great model. They have also released the vintage Borgward pumper and ladder and they are very nice as well. Got them all from Burbank House of Hobbies that provide excellent service.

Indeed a very nice model.
Mike did you notice that they used a chassis is from the Cursor-Panther 8x8 crashtruck.

Tommy, 110 euro is way too much. I did pay 72 for it.
Contact me if you want to know where.

Btw. The Wiking 1/43 Panther 6x6 is also available.
Next to each other it looks very nice.

The Cursor chassis explains the Cursor-like pumpers that Schuco is also releasing this year. They must have bought or borrowed the molds.

I did observe a bit of... delicate-ness with this model. The plastic piece across the top was loose on mine. I'll have to glue that down. One wheel also popped off, and was easily popped back on.

mjl

Mike:

I picked up the Super Dragon this afternoon at Burbank h of h -- this really is a "super" piece -- really big and really nicely done. My new favorite CFR!

And Glen said that you said to say hello....

jim

Mike, you are correct about the Schuco Magirus pumper being identical to the Cursor model. Both the pumper and rescue are identical so they must have leased or purchased the tooling from Cursor. Schuco is releasing the pumper and rescue with new graphics very soon, along with a ladder and a Bronto with the same graphics.

Anyone have another place to purchase this? Burbank Hoh is out for 6-8 weeks.

thanks

One guess about the use of the same chassis for different models. Both Rosenbauer & Ziegler use the MAN chassis for their ARFF units. I have some literature on the Iveco-Mag. Dragon but it doesn't indicate the chassis manufacturer, but quite possibly it is MAN.

Bob,

Is there anywhere on the web I can find a photo of the Bronto that you say Schuco is going to release? Thanks!

Joel

Joe:

I subscribe to FEUERWEHR Magazine from Germany and about every other issue has several pages of models that are available or soon will be. They are shown there as coming soon. The Schuco website does not show them yet.

Bob

The "Bronto" is already available but is not from Schuco, it's an ELIGOR model...and it's not a "Bronto", it's a "Magirus Snorkel" !!!

http://www.webmart.de/wmshop.cfm?ID=31104&ProductID=405081&CID=53109&do=detail

Go to the Schuco English language web site at:
www.schuco.de/uk/news.htm
They have all the new releases and you can sign up for the on-line news letter that features new releases.

Next to the all red version there is also a 'Vigili Del Fuoco' version:
http://www.webmart.de/wmshop.cfm?ID=31104&ProductID=410666&CID=53109&do=detail

I like this one and on the hunt for it.

Frouko, did you notice that this model is announced as a cursor model? Very strange...

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)