Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RANDOLPH MANTOOTH BIRTHDAY

For all you Emergency fans (I'm not one, as I'd rather see the forerunner of that show, Rescue 8), its Randolph Mantooth's Birthday today. Heard it on "Bob & Tom".

Re: RANDOLPH MANTOOTH BIRTHDAY

Shows you how old I am I was a Rescue 8 too.

Try this again I was a Rescue 8 fan too.

I vaguely remember watching Rescue 8 when I was about 5, I think. Would love to see it again just to see that squad - was it a GMC or a Chevy panel truck?

RESCUE 8

Wow, I was really surprised that there wasn't a bigger response to R. Mantooth's Birthday post. I guess the high costs of the Code 3 trucks and station on ebay has made people into "Rescue Me (from that awlful show)", or "Turd Watch" fans?

Back to RESCUE 8, I picked up a video tape of two 30 minute episodes on ebay from Captain Video for $10. I still have to have it transfered to a CD for viewing. I remember that show, as it was on Friday nights when I was a little kid. I believe they drove a GMC pannel van, and one of the firemen was the actor that played JR's father on "Dallas". The other guy was an actor that may have played a cop on "Tales of the Texas Rangers" (maybe). I do remeber that they were Los Angeles County Firefighters, and rescued idiots that got in trouble (fell into grain elevators, stuck in elevators, trapped under overturned vehicles, etc.). That show was the forerunner of all the TV Fire shows, yet nobody knows of it as its never been in syndication.

PS

At refresher courses at the State Law Enforcement Academy, one instructor (just one, only one, unfortuneately one) forces us to watch tapped episodes of Turd Watch. He uses it as a training tool, but most of us believe it may be a clue to what not to do (???). LOL

I remember Rescue 8, too. It was Jim Davis who was the star. One of his favorite lines seemed to be "lets get the pompier belts" . . .

If you do a google search for Rescue 8, you can find some info on the series. Lang Jeffries was the other actor along with Jim Davis. If I remember correctly the truck was a Dodge Power Wagon type with a utility body. No drugs boxes...just lots of tools. I always liked the series. Would love to find it on DVD.

No, Paul . . . Chuck is correct. It was a GMC panel truck.

One more thing, Paul . . . it is available on DVD, but the price is steep ($90 for all episodes). Check it out at http://www.tvaddicts.tv/movie/action/Rescue_8.html

RESCUE 8

The tape I have has two B&W episodes, "Bells of Fear", and "School for Violence". I have to bring it to a shop to get it copied to a CD.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)