Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
More First Response News.

Just read on Walt Conroy's website that a number of First Responses Crown Vic's are already close to being sold out from the factory. The Maryland cars are 100% sold out due to pre orders, other un named ones are also close to being sold out as well. Walt also has a photo of a near finished product Dodge Charger prototype. Walt's site states that there will be a number of minor cosmetic corrections that will be on the actual production model.

Re: More First Response News.

conroyscruisers.com has photos of two cars that he just got. Very nice looking...except for the cheesy plastic antennas...that I will replace when I get my cars

These cars are very nice, I should have one each of the CHP versions this week and will post pictures then. A little clarification on "sold out" cars, the manufacturer has told me that the Maryland cars INITIAL shipment is sold out, but most likely there will be more made. I asked about other cars being or close to being sold out but have not received a reply. In any event, these cars will be great, even though late!

www.policecarmodels.com

Thanks for your update Jeff. I'll be checking your site everyday! I can't wait to see the CHP units

The photos on Walt's site are pretty impressive. Even though they have used the old Fleer casting, the models look to be of a better quality. The proof however will be when I actually get mine. Can't wait.

The Fleer casting was the basis for the First Response Crown Vic, but they made several minor changes to it to bring it up to date as a 2007 model year car. I just got some samples yesterday for my column and it looks very nice. However, the Charger is even better! Now that is one very nice looking model. I don't know how the Gearbox version would have turned out, but this one is great. Everything opens and the wheels turn - I'm not a fan of working parts on 1:43rd diecast models, but everything fits tightly, doesn't rattle or wobble like Gearbox, and doesn't have huge gaps. The LED lightbar is a work of art. The small lights in the lower bumper are clear parts and the individual headlights are molded behind the clear covers so they look like the real thing. The laptop computer and radio console and microphones are nice touches and would look super with some paint detailing. Dennis Deal told me there were yet a few minor changes to be made to this prototype so it should be awesome!

Still waiting.

The CHP cars arrived today, I will post pictures on my website asap!!
www.policecarmodels.com

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)