Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lack of detail on Hamilton Wagon 5

Here's HVFD link to Wagon 5......
http://208.106.208.134/Apparatus/tabid/110/Default.aspx

Look at the detail pictures of the pump panel then look at Code 3's reproduction--where's the detail????? We know they are capable--look at the pump panel of the Chicago FL E92 or ALF E23.

This is a VERY low detailed unimpressive model--I can't call it a scale replica--it's not replicating the rig aside from paint and appartus type.

Re: Lack of detail on Hamilton Wagon 5

Well, we all know it's going to be at least a year before we see any of the "new and exciting" changes from Code-3. Just random re-paints with as little detail as possible is what is on the menu. And you're right. It's funny how some pieces have amazing detail, and others almost look like a Matchbox car.

Hey, even the latest Matchbox ladder truck released in the 1-75 line this year has the faces painted on the gauges on the pump panel...lol.

That much more detail for 99 cents.

i dont know where you people are looking but aside from missing the led turn signal on the front of the cab this engine is outstanding look at the pos not the neg because it is more postive as for wichita that engine is also outstanding except the deck gun it is to big but think of this what company is coming out with better quilty at the same or lower price

thanks harry

I bought the Chicago Helicopter and I was
doubtful that Chicago FD even had a helicopter. I double checked the web and they did have a helicopter. But its not the same as the Code 3 version. Talk abouut lack of detail. Chicago's is an Old B-model Huey and only has two Main rotor blades. Code 3's is a Bell 412. Big difference.

Re: Chicago FD BELL 412 Helicopter

Dave you are wrong! Chicago FD does have a Bell 412(four bladed twin engine)helicopter (N682FD). The BELL 212 (2 bladed twin engine) helicopter (N681FD) you are referring to, crashed about a year ago. I think the detail on the CODE 3 version is GREAT!

Re: Chicago FD Bell 412 Helicopter

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/N682FD.html

I guess I'm sitting here with egg on face. When I researched the Chicago helicopter the only picture I could find was on a un-offical web site and that helicopter was not a 212/or 412. But I stand corrected on the current version. My apologies and I'll go put my dunce cap on now. Thanks for the correction.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)