Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Code 3 1/50th

I was reviewing the posts about Code 3 1/50 scale trucks (here and on fireengines.net) Maybe Code 3 is trying to get the Corgi collector to buy some Code3's so as they will 'fit' thier collection and not so much the Code 3 collector who has 1/64th.????

Re: Code 3 1/50th

You will find that most people who collect firetrucks, collect most scales.
The 1/50th will match my althearn and also the matchbox mack B I have as well as corgi, and conrad.
There are a lot of railway people out there who also need 50th scale models.
Also remember, whenever a company gets someone new in, there is always a lot of talk about what the new guy proposes, but not a lot of it apears.
So many people have said they dont want code 3 in 50th scale, so dont buy it, I myself did not want fireboats and firehouses and licence plate surrounds, or cuddly dogs, so I never bought them.

Just for the record, the Matchbox Mack B is 1/43.

WOW, yes, you are so right, my bad !.

Still, it does prove my point, with a cabinet full of fire trucks, who gives a hoot on the scale, its a fire truck !!

Bring them on. Scale matters very little to me. My cabinets contain everything from very tiny (1/110 scale Tomica) to Very Large 1:16 and 1:18. I collect model fire trucks not scales. A 1:50 scale Code 3 would look just fine on one of my shelves.

FROM TOMICAS TO TONKAS AS LONG AS ITS A FIRE APPARATUS

They should stick to 1/64th. scale. Why, let's say would someone purchase 1/50th. when it doesn't go with their past releases. I.E. Chicago or FDNY.It's outta place.Code 3 stick with what you know.

They wouldn't be outta place in my basement. Bring 'em on, I'll buy them.

Remember lads tooling costs money. Are we not better off to stick to one scale and then reuse that mold?

Remember lads tooling costs money. Are we not better off to stick to one scale and then reuse that mold?

That is what they (Code 3) has tried to do and then all you get is "Repaint, repaint, repaint, or that panel isn't correct for the model, yada, yada, yada. It looks like they lose no matter what they do.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)