Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PURCHASE/DELIVERY LAG TIMES

I've been noticing lately, that an eBay auction ends, you pay, and item takes forever to reach you. I pay immediately or the next day following the end of the auction. And I seem to pay about 50% over the cost of USPS Priority Mail. I'm getting these items about 10 days to two weeks following my payment (always PayPal).

If I have to pay Priority, shouldn't the package have been sent quickly? What is the point of paying for quick delivery (we usually don't have a choice), when the seller appears not to package item and send it for over a week. Okay, package cost is buck or two, but for crying out loud, don't these fools realize that they won't see repeat business?

Are these people that stupid? If they'd get off their fat-asses, have the item per-packaged, and send it snail mail, the package would still arrive sooner, and those morons would save several bucks in shipping. And I'm accounting for weekends.

I just received a item I won and paid for on October 1. Package indicates it was sent on the 12th. And moron shelled out $11 for Priority. Plus he gets Neutral Feedback, as he had "Next Day Shipping" in description.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

Re: PURCHASE/DELIVERY LAG TIMES

Oh, and I love the Code 3 auction descriptions when they say "never opened", and "new in box". But the plastic dome bottom tabs are damaged/bent, with tears in carbord base. Some of these people lie about as poorly as our current Executive Branch.

Chuck,

I commented on the same thing a year or so ago. I travel a lot for work and I don't like packages sitting outside my door for days on end, so if I got a trip coming up, I ask the guy when it's going ship. If I don't like the answer (or don't get an answer) I don't bid. It's a crap shoot, I've gotten Matchbox cars--3.00 shipping and gotten them within 48 hours with a 2.95 postage and then other guys it takes 10 days and 7 dollars and the package only has 1.50 in bulk postage on it. Is it worthy of negative/neutral feedback?? I don't want to damage anyone's rep, but I tend to not leave feedback at all when that happens--like mom said, if you can't say anything nice........ ;)

Someone got me for 12 bucks for "Priority shipping" but in the auction he did say he only ships on Tuesdays b/c that is the only day he get a ride to the post office. In his defense he did send it "Priority" on the next Tuesday but at a cost of $5.25......

There was one guy who used to sell Code 3 Denver Seagraves and Louisville pumpers--he had all of them as "Buy it Now" for 12.99 and 20.00 shipping--ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!

I just sold a couple of old German CKO tin ladder trucks on E-Bay. Bidding ended on Saturday, and winner paid via Pay Pal. I charged actual shipping & insurance. I did not charge for bubble wrap or the tape I used, did not figure in the gas to the P.O., a round trip of about 6 miles. Mailed the package today. Hope to get good feedback. I have also experienced a shipping charge of about twice the actual costs to the seller, and gave neutral feedback.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)