Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New IXO Crown Vic

Whilst this 1/43 casting is probably the most accurate on the market, IXO have more or less ignored its use. A few years back they released an NYPD version along with a black unmarked and taxi version. Since then there has been nothing until now. I was hoping for a black and white version of an American PD like the SFPD or similar, but IXO have announced they will be releasing a Canadian version representing the Montpellier Muncicipal Police Department. Will still make a nice police model though.

Re: New IXO Crown Vic

That police agency in actually in FRANCE, not Canada

I saw a photo of the IXO model of that French Crown Vic. I wonder if it's a car owned by someone in France who marked it as a French police car, if it's owned by the local PD, or if it was traded or loaned to them like Orange County Fl Sheriff Dept did with a Crown Vic to a UK dept? Of all the Crown Vics they could have done, why that one???

France!!!, well thats got me beat. I immediately thought it would have been a French Canadian PD. Have to agree with Dick on this one. Why France. Not really known for their fleets of Crown Vic's.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)