Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FREE Mammograms

Please go to this site and participate by clicking on the "button"

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=2

Re: FREE Mammograms

What the @#$%*&^%$ does this have to do with miniature emergency vehicles? I believe discussion on "melon melanoma", while a serious health concern, belongs elsewhere.

And I think you can KISS MY A$$....Don't like it,Don't frickin read it and keep your WORTHLESS comments to yourself.

I agree with John. Its idiots like you HH that are the poster child for requiring registered accounts and logins. This is not a medical site, nor is it a breast cancer awareness donation site. That would be like someone from this site going to the american heart association or american cancer society and posting he was looking to buy an FDNY super pumper set. Stick to diecast or fire related topics.

And it's MORONS like you,Joe,that keep things rocking for families affected.
If ANY of YOUR family members are/were/ affected,you would be the First to post,not ******
Helicopter crashes,eBay purchases,FedEx Crashes,Army Doctors at work,Mantooth's Birthday,Patch & T-shirt trading sites are ALL Relevent to What??
You didn't ***** or comment about those when they were posted.
I think ya really need to get a life!!

You are funny - No...I am just not a believer of giving special treatment to any one group of people who have an illness..before it was AIDs...now its Breast cancer...next year there will be some other disease that is the charity of the week...someone with breast cancer is no more in need of treatment than someone with lung cancer, than someone with aids, than someone with spina bifada, MS..and on and on and on. Society gets hung up on donating or focusing on the "in" disease, because it is the popular thing to do...running around town with your little pink bracelet on. I'm sorry if anyone in your family is or was affected. Any of the abovementioned diseases are tragic, overwhelming, and difficult to experience, overcome or survive. But we as a society need to quit soliciting to death..no pun intended...for breast cancer research...we know its a problem...the whole world knows its a problem...we don't need to be reminded of it everyday with the avon 3 day walkathon, or the little pins or pink ribbons, or pink wrist bands. Where is the wrist band for SIDS? I don't see one..I don't see one for cerebral palsy, victims of drunk driving, homicide, suicide, stroke, diabetes,pneumonia, septicemia, and liver disease.. etc etc. So get over yourself. The world is not all about you and your family members who have/had breast cancer.

Your rambling doesn't even deserve a response.

I'm really sorry to have produced this kind of response. Apparently, I have inadvertently provoked an outburst of the type that gives these discussion forums a bad name from time to time. We are not here to promote any particular initiative toward better health (in my opinion), but we are also not here to character-assasinate anyone, and I really think those who attempt to do so reveal much more about themselves than their intended target.

If it means anything at this point, cancer has struck my family as well. My mother was a breast-cancer survivor. My Dad wasn't so lucky, and succumbed to Bone Marrow cancer in 1981. Moreover, I lost my wife to Ovarian Cancer almost five years ago. Humour helped us through many dark spots, although I fully realize this incidious disease is no laughing matter. As we move on from this unfortunate interchange, may I suggest the word "Grace" might be in order?

So, let's go back to bashing Code 3, who have done more for our hobby over the past ten years than anyone else in history. Oops, there I go, baiting again!

Danny,

I applaud you for posting this. Many firematic sites as well as others that have nothing to do with cancer have added a link for the free breast screening. Anytime something so simple to use can help someone that can't afford the test, it is appropriate and proper.

I agree that a breast cancer site is about as irrelevant as it gets, BUT......

This is not the first time this kind of thing has been posted on here. I won't mention any names, but someone who is well known and is generally well regarded in the hobby made a similar post here, and on his own website. I didn't care to respond to that, simply because I thought it was harmless and irrelevant.

What harm has been done? The subject line "FREE Mammograms" said it all. Based on that, you didn't have to go any further.. Like Steve said, it is irrelevant. Don't like the subjet or it is suspect, don't open it.

I really hesitate to get further infolved with this discussion, however.....

I agree that a plug for a free Mammogram exam, in and of itself, is relatively harmless, elbeit somewhat irrelevant to this forum. It is also true that if I don't like it, I don't have to read it.

The problem I have is that it sets a precedent. If this one were to pass by completely unnoticed, then there would seem to be a problem blocking other,also worthwhile, appeals of many different stripes. It is that, I feel, that places us on a slippery slope. Heart and Stroke, Alzheimers, AIDS, Flu Shots, Fitness,and dozens more could argue they deserve equal time, which would water down our primary purpose.

And here I thought it was a new truck being produced by First Gear or Code 3....lol.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)