Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Matchbox Hearse

Rescue131: Have you seen them in the Balt. area?

Steve, yes, picked one up today at Target in Glen Burnie.

None in MC yet. I'm still searching!

I know of the small JL hearse(released 30 some years ago & re-released recently), & the Hot Wheels 1963 Caddy hearse in both black & white from a few years ago(& is actually 1/64!!), but didn't know MB was doing one. I converted a HW into an ambulance. The hardest part was getting rid of the "opera bars" on the rear/side panels. The JL version is just WAY too small & poorly done.

Just got a look at them. The body looks nice, but they can keep the wheels & low rider look. The "ad" I viewed stated they are 1/81.

The Matchbox hearse has been out for about a yera now. There are 3 versions that I know of to date. The original black, the white version now appearing and a maroon version in a set of "Scooby Doo" cars.

Rescue 131, You are right. I believe the MB collectors are talking about a silver version in the future.

The good news is the white ones are coming 3 to a case, and up here, the Hot Wheel bottom feeders are leaving them alone.

Just found mine at Wal-Mart in G-town. Even found the new white ambulance.

Steve, I also heard that there will be a collector's version in gold. I'm guessing it's a club release of some sort.

Rescue131: Keep me posted if you see one!

Steve, There's a white ambo caddy too? WOW

I think he means the white version of the GMC looking box ambo. As far as I know, there is no Caddy ambo in the 1-75 line up from Matchbox as of now.

Thanks for the clarification 131, it's the Chevy amb.

White Caddy Hearse found at Wal Mart in Jamestown, ND...and there seem to be plenty to go around...

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

can someone please post a quick photo of the new ambulance,or a model number.i can't seem to find it on the web.thank you.

Here ya go:

http://matchbox.com/showcase/product.aspx?product_number=K9492&category_id=7511§ion=

Sorry that link doesn't take you right to it. Use that link, then click on the "city" block then scroll through a page or two and you will see it.

Found a 1950's version at an antique store here in town. It is in mint condition but the box shows some wear. I paid $30.00 including tax. Made by Lensey.

thank you Brian.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)