Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
First Response UPDATE

Hi folks, I just received the following update from Dennis Deal, Product Development Manager for First Response, regarding the 1941 Fords and Chargers:

"I have just been informed that the 41 Fords are scheduled to arrive in the Port of Savanna Ga. on December 9th. If everything goes properly unloading and Customs clearance should take 3-5 days (hopefully less) followed by land transport of the container to our warehouse which should take no more than 1-2 days.

Because of the weekend factor, I am going to ESTIMATE they'll be in our warehouse sometime the week of the December 19th. Just in time for the crunch week of the Christmas rush.

All hands will be on deck to pack and ship as promptly as humanly possible.

This is the latest information I have and, as we all know is subject to change by circumstances beyond our reach and control. However, the ship and container are booked so I'm hopeful this schedule can be maintained.

At this time I am going to ESTIMATE the first five Chargers will probably hit our warehouse sometime around the second week of January since they are 15 days behind the 41's to be completed. Additional Chargers in the series will arrive in groups of five. The second group will go into production before the end of this year once the first five are completed.

During January I will be in China. I'm going to make every effort possible to establish a realistic production/delivery/release schedule for this continuing series. Now that the factory making these is up to speed on the assembly steps of this particular product, we should be better able to schedule and maintain a realistic schedule. I'm taking my whip with me and intend to crack it.

P.S. There has been a rumor floating around that recent fires in California delayed the FCV's. This is not accurate. All our product comes into ports located in the Southern United States. This is quicker than landing first on the west coast, then by train and finally by truck across country. Once they hit port down south it's a very short run by land up to us."
-----------------------------

Manny
www.mannysdiecast.com

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)