Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: looking for jack daniels set

This is interesting. When Code 3 announced the liqidation of the aerial, I checked KB Outlets and did a complete search of the internet,e.g Jack Daniels,Overstock.com, TRU, etc. It was not found. So it makes sense that they are still in the Code 3 warehouse.

No......"a wharehouse in California" it did not state a code 3 wharehouse.
If code 3 still has them, that are gonna pay tax on them sitting there, so I would assume if they were theirs, they would have offloaded them by now.

Steve...

Do you remember when Code 3 announced the liquidation of the Aerial?

I don't recall ever hearing that...

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

MY RECORDS INDICATE THAT I GOT MY PUMPER 1ST ON 11-7-03 AND I REMEMBER THE LONG WAIT FOR THE LADDER,WHICH I TOOK DELIVERY ON 12-8-05. I ORDER MY CODE 3S AS SOON AS THEY ARE ANNOUNCED, I HAVE 2 WAYS OF LOGGING MY ORDERS AND DELIVERIES, PLUS I COULD GO BACK TO THE CODE 3 LITERATURE TO TRIPLE CHECK THIS . ANOTHER WAY WOULD HAVE BEEN CHECKING FIRE APPARATUS JOURNAL IN SCALE SECTION FOR THOSE YEARS.I THINK THE PUMPER CAME 1ST
HANS I HAVE A EXTRA PUMPER IN THE BOX NEVER DISPLAYED. I BOUGHT 10 OFF EACH, BUT JUST HAVE THE PUMPER LEFT .EMAIL ME WITH YOUR OFFER

Richard, you are correct. According to the release schedule on the Code 3 web site, the Engine was announced in Oct. '03 and the Ladder was Nov. of '05.

THANKS OBSERVER MY KEEPING RECORDS WAS NOT FOR NOTHING

This is REALLY interesting!

I went back into my records and pulled a Code 3 brochure mailed out when they announced the 1/64th scale Yankees Pumper and the LA County Ward Engine # 16...

The brochure states, "Now that you have the (Jack Daniels) Ladder, What About The Engine?" Then, the back side of the brochure is a FULL page spread of the Pumper...

Also announced in the same brochure was the Bakersfield ALF Century, Bayonne Aerialscope, the LA Police Command Van, and the LA City of Hope Helicopter...

So...

Does that mean they STILL have a quantity of the JD Pumpers to get rid of when the ladder was announced?

The brochure has a 2005 copyright on it...

But, again...why such a grandstand play for the Pumper AFTER the ladder had been released?

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

The pumper was being sold at $20 at one of code 3's sales, and then became sold out.
It then became available at one of the liquidator stores over there.
I was enjoying free shipping then, so I bought lots for the UK, and was dissapointed when I could not get anymore, and found that code 3 dumped the remaining bunch. (I wonder how many that was?)

found my set,thanks for the help.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)