Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Code 3 CC#1

How much is Code 3 collectors club edition #1 worth ?

Re: Code 3 CC#1

I sold one on ebay for $795 5 years ago.

I bought one on this forum a few years ago, $125 including the shipping to the UK.
I was the highest bidder via email.

I take $125 for it including shipping

I BOUGHT THE ENTIRE SET FOR 500 4 YEARS AGO

I am also thinking about selling my complete CC set. Never out of the sleeves. Anyone interested in making an offer before I put the set on E-Bay? Gotta do some downsizing.

I have two in domes, and one in a display case. I also have two in mailer boxes (one unopened). I actually got one on ebay described as "Back & White Fire Engine" for $29.99. The only bid, and at the origonal Club price.

The mailer boxed models are TOY FAIR editions, and have square unthreaded bottom holes, and the words "1998 TOY FAIR EDITION", & "1 OF 250" pad prited on bottom. They were given away free to people who visited Code 3s booth. These are the hardest to find Code 3s behind the Calgary Fire Police Olympics models, which are only over pad printed LA 18s.

I bought the complete set when they first came out. I still like them all.

Hardest to find Code 3's?

How about the KB Toys # 1 which was only given out at the KB Toys Regional Manager's Meeting in Arizona?

I got right to the heart of that one IMMEDIATELY upon learning of it...Talked with the (then) person at KB Business Office Headquarters out east that was responsible for doing that release in the first place...

He told me (get ready for this) that they had a stack of 250 of them in white mailer boxes just sitting on a table right outside their meeting room at the conference hotel...and next to a stack of danishes and canned sodas...so the attendees could take one as they left the meeting if they wanted one as a 'rememberence' of the meeting (KB did this at all their Regional Manager's Meetings - each year they gave away something representitive of one of the toy companies that they bought from)...and most DIDN'T take one!

He then told me that he took a 'boat load' of them BACK to his office at Corporate HQ and afterwards had a tough time GIVING THEM AWAY!

And, just for the record, he's since long gone from his position, and God knows what happened to the rest of them!

Right after the story broke in my column, one of them just happened to 'surface'on eBay and sold for just over $2,900.00. The rumor after that was that Code 3 themselves had someone put it up on eBay for them, and also had someone bid it up for them (to that amount), just to get the publicity...but, I could never substantiate that, and God knows I tried!

Crying Towel, anyone?

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

There was a fellow Denis who was an ATEV member, and was at the ATEV get together in Washington DC back around 2000. He brought along a KB Meeting model that a KB Manager, who was in his bicycle club gave him. Supposedly, if a Manager gave away one of the toys, he would be terminated (Urban Legend?). Denis used to work for FDEP Park Patrol in Miami, then moved to Oregon to be a US Customs Agent.

Don't forget the Diamond Plate for Chicago FD E-46...only 288 produced!

Another rare piece is the Calgary Police & Fire Olympics piece. A few years ago I was told by C3 that this piece didn't exist. i was subsequently told that it did, and that it was supposedly one of the original C3 LA pieces with a Calgary Police & Fire Olympics sticker on it. I think there was one briefly on ebay at one time, not sure. Anyone else ever see or hear of this piece?

Ron Arnow once told me that he recieved the LA 51, LA 18, and Calgary from the Fire Bell Store when Code 3 first was issued. He choose to keep one of the LA Engines, and sent the Calgary back because it wasn't a prototype.

I also have seen one on ebay years ago, and a photo of the model on the web. So it definately was produced.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)