Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
M & M FIRE ENGINE

MASTERFOODS USA ,A DIVISION OF THE MARS COMPANY HAS RELEASED A M&M FIRE TRUCK CANDY DISPENSER. THE WINDOWED BOX IS 13 INCHES WIDE,6.5 DEEP AND 6.5 TALL .WITH THE ACTUAL FIRE TRUCK DISPENSE 13 INCHES LONG AND 5.5 INCHES HIGH AND 5.5 INCHES WIDE .WITH A RED M&M DRIVING AND A YELLOW M&M RIDING THE TAILBOARD, I BOUGHT 20 AT A LOCAL GROCERY CHAIN ,AND THEY ARE AT TARGET STORES FOR AROUND 16.99 EACH . THIS WILL PROBABLY BE A COLLECTABLE IN THE FUTURE,BOTH THE BOX AND THE PLASTIC PUMPER INSIDE. IT MAY MAKE A NICE GIFT ,BUT IT WILL ALSO LOOK GOOD IN YOUR COLLECTION

Re: M & M FIRE ENGINE

Saw one of these on the shelf in a Wegmans Grocery on Route 57 in Liverpool, NY last night. It is a good looking novelty and should look good in anyones collection. The price is correct. Would make a good holiday candy dispenser for M&M's.

Went to my local Target last night and picked one up for $15.99, it's a really nice looking and like Rich said, it will make a nice gift and would look good in a collection too. Rich, here's a question for you. I went through all the boxes they had looking for the one with the best paint job (the truck has a white roof and several had overspray bleeding onto the red body). Of the 10, I found only one that had a blue M&M riding the tailboard and that was the one I bought. Is it a fluke, or did any of the 20 you bought have a blue guy? I wonder if it is something that was done to make them more collectible, maybe one blue guy per case or if it was just that they sold other ones that had blue guys. Just curious.

In an effort to make them more collectible, the Mars Corporation released only 500 firetruck candy dispensers with a blue M&M on the tailboard. This is very similar to the dreaded "American Flag" incident on the Virginia Beach diecast pumpers released by Funrise under the Code 3 name.

What's next you ask? The infamous Brother-in-law will mis-spell the "M" on the M&Ms!

Stay safe!

Tom, is that really the case with the blue M&M or were you kidding?

Thanks!

No, I was just poking some fun.

Stay safe!

ALL 20 ARE THE SAME RED DRIVER, YELLOW M & M ON REAR STEP . I WILL BE BUYING 30 OR 40 MORE SO I WILL WATCH FOR MR BLUE

After Tom's post I did some "research" on the Internet and apparently his joke might actually not be too far off, the truck with the blue M&M riding the tailboard is apparently a special, one per case or something along those lines. I'm still trying to see what else I can come up with and if I can find anything out I'll post it here.

Question...

Are these just available at Target or are they available at K-Mart and Wal-Mart as well?

Funny, some sellers in eBay land have already listed the 'blue' versions...and there are numerous multiple listings for the blue one. Anyone surprised?

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

Larry, I saw the listings on ebay too, never fails does it? Not sure if they are available in K-Mart and Wal-Mart, I actually hope they aren't because otherwise the "limited edition" on the box is complete BS. My Target had about 10 boxes on the shelf. If I see anymore in any other stores in my travels I'll post them here.

I've seen them at Walmarts in Central California....

Picked one up at Wal Mart yesterday and they had plenty on hand. Am in southern California east of LA.

I found a blue one today at a Walmarts. They are located in the candy isle, in the food section. I went through over 30 yellows today before fimding the blue.

Found lots of yellow 13.99 each at the Wal-Mart in Holland Ohio no Blue :(

Tom might be closer to the truth than he thought. I'm glad I picked up that blue guy. I do wonder how to find out just how limited the blue guy is. Larry, any suggestions?

Anyone got a Photo?

go to e-bay and put in M & M fire truck there are a ton of pictures of both colors(yellow and Blue)

I cracked up when I looked on ebay at all of the "rare...hard to find" Blue ones, with about 100 of them on the first page that I looked at. They may be hard to find...just not on ebay

Not to worry, folks...

K-Mart in Jamestown, ND...

Five cases of nine each; one blue one in each case...

This is what I was told by the store Manager...

Brought two of the blue ones home...that's enough for me...

So...

They are in Target, K-Mart, and Wal-Mart...and many other smaller stores as well...

Happy Hunting!

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

I found 2 today also at a Fargo K-Mart.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)