Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
USDA FOREST SERVICE FIRE OSHKOSH TRACKED BRUSH RIG

Conversion of a Code 3 Oshkosh ARFF to USDA Forest Service Fire Unit for Florida National Forest. Cab was narrowed, walls of water tank removed and replaced with two 2,000 gallon tanks. Undercarriage replaced with tracked chassis.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Re: USDA FOREST SERVICE FIRE OSHKOSH TRACKED BRUSH RIG

I think this model is really neat. Here in Arizona something like that could be quite a tool for the Forest Service fighting wildland fires. Four thousand gallons of water could be the difference between saving a structure and losing one. A tracked vehicle would have the advantage over a four wheel drive one in most of the state's desert terrain. You should send this idea to the Department of Agriculture.

Hey, a great job, Chuck! You did a fine job of converting! Just one question. Was there a reason for using two round tanks rather than one rectangular one that would hold more water in the same space?

Chuck,

Great job. I really admire your skills and imagination. Just building for fun. The way it ought tobe.

Jeff

You have created another winner. That really looks great.

Chuck:

Drugs are a wonderful thing! That is a pretty neat rig - I can see it wandering the Everglades down here.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)