Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Possible new Matchbox Fire Engine

Over on the Matchbox Community board, there is at least one report of a possible Matchbox Pierce fire engine in the 2008 line up. Matchbox is also going back to the 1-100 care line again. Here's a link:

http://www.mboxcommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48372

Re: Possible new Matchbox Fire Engine

I belong to the Illinois Matchbox Club, There will be a Pierce fire Truck for 2008.
That being said one can only guess what chassic it will be on!! Velocity, Impel, Quantum ,Arrow XT, Dash.

I heard that it's supposed to be an Arrow XT and that it's earmarked to be more of a collector's model and not so much of a toy. This was as of a few months ago.

The model is in the regualr $1 line. So we can discount it being a "collectors" model. Also If it is in this line it most likely won't be an exact replica to a real model. Plus to fit in a BP it will need tobe quite under 1/87 scale. Just based on what is out there and what MB does I would not be surprised to see a Hawk type apparatus.

Fingers are crossed it is something more.

Jeff

Just passin' along what I'd read here a few months back.

So how did it get from "Arrow XT; More of a collector's model than a toy; A little larger than the standard Matchbox model; Supposed to have realistic wheelcovers; A more realistic lightbar" to what Jeff Webster is describing???

It will be in the 1 to 100 Line for a buck or so!
it's not listed to be anything special!

I believe you guys, just wondering how the rumor of something more came about.

I recall hearing something recently about Matchbox developing a line of trucks (fire apparatus included) that would be more detailed and more properly scaled to go along with MB cars. It was my understanding that this would replace the convoy line, and wouldn't be seen until 2009 or so.

Thanks, MassFireBuff, glad I'm not the only one that read that. I, too, heard about that line but was under the impression that it was coming out next year.

Jeff,

What you have reported were just that. It was first reported that MB would be releasing a model labeled for Pasadena CA. From there it was extrapolated that the models would be realistic, larger etc. What to say other than it was run with so much on the "boards" that the perception becomes these will be collector models.

Jeff

I understood that Matchbox was (again) leaning toward greater realism throughout the entire line. Let's not forget that their International S-Series four-door pumper was pretty good, and in certain upscale versions, like Fort Wayne, is actually sought-after. So they ARE capable of good things. Let's not give up on them, or their Pierce piece (!) quite yet.

Jawn Cee

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)