Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dallas Police

I have a Dallas Police car that says seriess 22 city police. I have not taken it out of its packge. Can anyone tell me what it is worth or of anyone looking for one? Thanx

Re: Dallas Police

i may be mistaken, i'm by no means a matchbox expert, but i believe i heard the dallas car was withdrawn and only a handful were ever produced. that would make it very highly sought after in the police market.

with one still mint in the box, i'd continue making serious inquiries if i were you. i would try the matchbox collectors site (sorry, don't know the name offhand) or contact the diecast toy exchange in york, pennsylvania.

That is indeed rumored to be the crown jewel of the never released Series 22 Police Series. Last time I saw one it was demanding a high price. I'll let you do your own research, but it is a valuable, highly collectable car.

Good luck!!

You are correct. That is one of the more expensive, and sought after cars. they were not withheld, per se, they were issued only to the Dallas Police Dept. For those of you that don't know...The Matchbox Community hall has a law enforcement vehicle site. it can be found at MBOXCOMMUNITY.COM Its a excellent site with great people involved. They have several different forums, with one, as I mentioned before, devoted to Law enforcement toys.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)