Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Matchbox Pierce fire engine

I was checking out the Matchbox collectors forum and was looking at the pictures that someone took of the 2008 cards, front and back, and on the rear of one of the cards it has listed "Pierce fire engine." This is in the Emergency series that includes a Ford Crown Victoria, Dodge Magnum Police car, Ford Transit, Ladder King and the Dennis Sabre. The back of the card was entitled "Emergency & All Terrain Collector Card."

So evidentally the Pierce rig is now available???

Re: Matchbox Pierce fire engine

The Pierce is not yet available. It is scheduled to come out later this year. Based on the conversations I have been part of, I think it will be in one of the last batches to be released.

Felix Holst the lead person of the MB team stated they have worked hard to make it as close to the real unit in service with the El Segundo department. They are using a newer Dash and a couple older Lances. All are top mounts. I have been pushing as hard as I can to remind them to keep the cab as close to HO scale as possible. We shall see. Please remember this is a $1 toy so there are limitations to what can be done.

Jeff

Good work, Jeff. This sounds more and more like something to look forward to. Are you, by any chance, considering taking in the West Springfield Train Show January 26th and 27th? I'm hearing that a number of 1/87th modellers/collectors plan to attend. Weather-permitting, I'll be joining Clare Gilbert for the occasion.

Thanks for the info, Jeff.

So it appears that the MB Pierce will be a pumper and not a Hawk brush unit. Sounds good!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)