Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MICRO-MARK PRO-ETCH PHOTO ETCH SYSTEM

look at this
http://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares.asp?MerchantID=RET01229&Action=Catalog&Type=Product&ID=83123

MICRO-MARK PRO-ETCH PHOTO ETCH SYSTEM(+)
Item Number: 83123
List Price $149.95
Our Price $119.95

Qty:

A Micro-Mark Exclusive!

Now You Can Make Your Own High Quality Photo-Etched Parts
Nothing adds the WOW factor to your models and miniatures like precision-crafted photo-etched metal details...and now, with the revolutionary Pro-Etch System, you can make them right at home.

This is a true photo-resist metal etching system that employs advanced technologies and materials previously available only to industrial users. It uses your computer, an ink jet printer, and materials included in the system to achieve incredibly fine results. Virtually any small item that can be made from a flat piece of metal can be created with the Pro-Etch System in a fraction of the time it would take using other tools and methods (if it could be done at all). You can even create sophisticated 3-dimensional objects with a combination of careful design and folding of the flat photo-etched pieces. Make your own highly detailed parts for models, miniatures and instruments, jewelry, holiday decorations, engraved nameplates, craft items, electronic circuit boards and hundreds of other items. In almost no time you'll be making precision metal parts with fine-line details you never thought possible.

Let your imagination run wild...the possibilities are unlimited!

The Pro-Etch System includes all the materials you need to set up your own photo-etching operation:
Specially developed, high resolution, ink jet film (two, 8-1/2 inches x 11 inches)

Photo-resist material (one, 19 inches x 12 inches)

Brass and stainless steel sheet metal (one each, 6 inches x 12 inches)

Photo-Resist Laminating machine and carrier sheets

Exposure frame and clamps

Sodium Hydroxide* developing/stripping solution (16 oz.)

Plastic developing/stripping trays

Etching tank with circulating pump

Ferric Chloride* etchant solution (16 oz.)

Metal-prep pad, plastic tweezer, measuring cup, apron, goggles and gloves

How-To manual with easy-to-understand instructions, illustrations and photos to guide you through each step of the process.
*Note: System contains chemicals that are highly caustic. Careful handling of these chemicals and good ventilation are prerequisites for the use of this system. Not for use with aluminum.

Re: MICRO-MARK PRO-ETCH PHOTO ETCH SYSTEM

I've Been looking at this for a couple years. Once my new basement is done I think I will be picking this up along with the chroming system they have. Then I can add some parts to my old trucks.

Jeff

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)