Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1/87 Diamond Plate

Does anyone know where to buy any? Thanks
john

Re: 1/87 Diamond Plate

John the Fire and Cop Shop here in California has
FDNY Engine 23 and FDNY Ladder 10 Diamond Plates if that helps.
www.fireandcopshop.com

I think the gentleman is referring to diamond plate material in 1/87th scale, not anything to do with Code 3 Diamond plate models.

I have had some success using the flat backing found on some doctor's samples (singular bubble-packs) of pill medications. Often, these come in silver, with a pattern on the surface surrounding the actual bubble (and product) which closely resembles diamond plate to me. Many of these "capsule cards" have enough material to do bumpers, tailboards, and/or cabinet trim.

www.plastruct.com, might have some. There was also a nice diamond plate sheet a while ago from Alloy Forms, but I have not seen those in a while.

Plano has some HO scale treadplate. I am not sure of the part number. But it is a start.
I know many HO modelers use this part on their OTR trucks.
www.planomodelproducts.com

Jeff

Plastruct no longer makes a small scale diamond plate plastic sheet. They do sell one right now labeled as "1/100 scale" but it's pattern is closer to 1/43 and it's even suitable up to 1/32 and 1/24. My preference is for JayDee's diamond plate sticker sheets. They are accurate to 1/64 scale and come in bright chrome and a dull finish, too. They can be cut to size and shape before application and just need to be peeled off the backing to apply. And can be repositioned if one works quickly. Those who have seen some of my projects know what can be done with the diamond plate sticker pieces and the nice result.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)